It's not that Y/N didn't wanna seem weak anymore, she knew she wasn't. It's the simple fact that, if this has anything to do with the feeling she had earlier this week, she needed to be sure. She felt like she needed to prove that her gut feeling was right, even though she wished with all of her heart that it was wrong.

Suddenly, Y/N was sent tumbling down a dip in the woods. It was like something launched onto her, making her fall forward and lose her balance. She braced her head, protecting it. She was well aware that she would be injured from this fall by the time she stops, but she would do whatever she could to prevent any major injuries from occurring.

Y/N couldn't hear whatever it was that jumped on her back.

Once she finally came to a halt, she scrambled to her feet checking herself to see if she had any major injuries. So far everything just hurt, she couldn't feel any blood so she felt safe for the moment.

That was until her eyes focused to what was in front of her. Whatever—whoever it was that was watching them before, was standing not even 10 feet from her.

Y/N distanced herself as much as she could from them, but for every step she took backward, they took two steps forward.

Her heart felt like it was going to explode, and she felt stupid for running off without her group.

"Bonne nuit! It's so nice to meet you." A soft voice spoke up.

As it stepped closer, Y/N began to realize that what her flashlight caught sight of was a mask. Whoever this person was, they were wearing a really creepy mask. While their red and black eyes were visible, the mask had a melted nature to it. Not like it was burned, but like it was designed that way.

"W-who are you?" She finally croaked out.

"You'll find out soon. I'm so excited to get to see what all of the fuss was about! You look so sweet!" The voice spoke out excitedly.

The way they spoke really creeped Y/N out. 'What the hell is so exciting about me?' She stared at the person, analyzing them to remember everything she could about their appearance. She finally noticed the black button down shirt, black dress pants, and fancy shoes they were wearing. 'Who the hell wears that into the woods?'She wondered as she stared at the odd colored tie around the persons neck.

"Y/N! Where the hell are you?!"

Y/N snapped her head in the direction of her friends calling her. She could hear how panicked they were.

She quickly turned her head back to the person, finding them walking off. Their purple hair blowing lightly from the night breeze.

"Don't—"

A hum cut her off. "Missing me already, huh?" The voice chuckled.

Her eyes widened as she noticed how close the voice had gotten, like they were right next to her. She turned around quickly, coming face to face with the masked assailant.

She stumbled away quickly, searching herself for anything she could protect herself with. 'How the hell did they move so fast? Did they have a speed quirk??'

Just as quickly as they moved before, they were behind Y/N again. This time their hand around the girls neck, tight enough to choke her but not enough to kill her.