6

The appointment had been, quite possibly, one of the most boring events Astrid had witnessed. Herself, she had a simple manicure and pedicure done, going for a see-through light nude shellac on both hands and feet.

Addison however, was a different story. She'd gotten a manicure done, an hour long manicure— and following that a pedicure, which she fucked up by not giving it enough time to dry and had to have it redone. That took another hour and a half.

Safe to say, by the time Addison pulled
up in Jacob's parents' driveway, Astrid was
spent.

She quickly got out of the car, shutting the door behind her and approaching the front doors of the house, ringing the doorbell.

The door was swung open, Martha having opened the door. Martha had worked with the Michelson's since Jacob was a toddler— along with her husband Danver.

Martha smiled upon seeing her. "Astrid dear it's great to have you back."

Astrid grinned, giving her a hug. "Missed you Martha."

She chuckled in response to her. "I can assure you we all missed you too darling."

Astrid shook her head, walking through the doors. She took off her shoes, making her way through the halls barefooted, walking towards the dining room.

She nudged open the door to the dining room,
smiling when she saw Jen and David Michelson— Jacobs parents.

"Znichka's!" She called out in Belarusian [falling stars]. It was her term of endearment for the two adults who'd shaped themselves into her grandparents.

Jen stood up, a wide smile splitting across her aged but beautiful face. "My darling!"

Astrid walked towards her, bending down to kiss each cheek, while Jen hugged her tightly. David had gotten up as well, approaching the pair and dropping a kiss on Astrid's head as he greeted her.

No one understood the relationship she'd bridged with Jacobs parents. Addison and Jacob have been together since they were 18– now 25– and Astrid had grown up around the Michelson's. Her maternal grandparents had passed away when Astrid was much younger, and she hardly remembered them. Her paternal grandparents too had passed away, though she'd had few encounters with them as they lived in Belarus.

Jen and David had treated Addison, Astrid and her own parents with familial love, so Astrid was inclined to be at the height of her comfort around them.

She stepped out of Jen's warm hug as Addison entered the area, watching as she exchanged greetings with her in-laws.

The five adults sat around the table, getting seated as food was brought and set. Astrid chatted with David and Jacob as Addison and Jen procured wedding plans.

She was in between a conversation regarding the Brown University hockey team with David and Jacob when she heard her name being called by Addy.

"Rid!"

"Oh please Addison, do you have to call her that awful name?" Jen questioned.

Astrid grinned slightly, turning to look at her, raising an eyebrow in question."Yes?"

"Who's your date to the wedding?"

Astrid paused. "Well— no one as of yet?"

Hearing Jen and Addison started listing names of guys they could set her up with, she quickly butt in. "I'll call Ansel if I don't find someone in time, okay?"