1

She finished posing for the last few pictures of the shoot, stepping off the set and walking through the sand to where her things were stationed. She reached for the large thick cream shawl draped on her chair, wrapping it around herself as the cool September air chilled her.

They were on a beach today, near the crystal bright blue waters of Navagio, part of the Ionian Islands in Greece. 

Modelling requires travelling, is what she'd been told by her managers. She didn't mind travelling, getting to see the world was a privilege on it's own. But she was particularly happy with the nature of this shoot— the location was beautiful, and it was a swimwear special for Vogue Russia.

And she was the cover of this September issue.

Astrid Koslova.

"That's all Astrid darling, you're off for the day. I'll see you Wednesday, correct?" Karl, her co-manager, questioned.

She nodded. "Yes, Wednesday's good for now."

She paused for a moment. "Though I do have university starting Monday— I'll contact you if any changes arise?"

Karl nodded, "That's okay— do message Alice as well, we'll be in touch."

She nodded.

This was also her last shoot for a while. She was starting her third year in university, and although the previous years she had been allowed the luxury of online schooling, her third year wasn't the same.

In Brown University, if you were taking a course a level above your year, you were required to take it in class. Because she was taking year four Calculus, she had to physically attend the classes in session on campus.

This involved changing her schedule around. Where previously she was scheduled for a shoot nearly every week, now she had one every two months— though that itself wasn't confirmed either.

She often modelled for sports labels: Nike and Under Armour. She was the face of several Under Armour campaigns, and was featured by Nike often.

Her interest in modelling for sports labels came from her love of Hockey. Growing up in Belarus, it was hard to not engage in at least one winter sport, considering their winters were cold and long.

Vogue Russia had taken her as their cover for the 2019 issue because of their sports collab with Women's Under Armour— who she was the face of. 

Now that her focus had to shift from modelling to university, she had to make changes.

Distracted from her thoughts as she noticed the team packing up, she grabbed her phone, checking the time of her flight.

She sighed in relief, another hour and a half, she thought.

Quickly getting behind the stationed covers, she changed into warmer clothes. Taking off the wet swim suit, she tugged on a pair of Nike track pants and a deep dark blue fitted long sleeve top, once again, wrapping herself in the cream coloured wool shawl.

She picked up her phone again, dialling her aunt Addison.

"...Addy? Yes it's Astrid, I'm getting on my flight in an hour an' some, you'll be at home considering the time difference yes?"

"Yeah Rid, I'll be there because it'll be 9 o'clock on a Saturday night, where else would I be?"

Astrid could imagine Addy rolling her eyes playfully.

She laughed lightly. "Okay, I'll see you then— and please don't show up to the airport again with your embarrassing signs."

She heard Addy huff, complaining about her period having arrived and thereby being immobile.