Chapter 36

Ema was working in the Ashenbert Company's restoration department most of these days. She suddenly began to work in the restoration department instead of dealing with the papers work in her office one day, and she continued working at there and showed no interest to go back working with documents.

She didn't contact Alexios or Edgar these days, she just completely concentrated on recovering the damaged painting or spent her time on drawing. Her mentor Leon Lancaster had no complaint about her action and even gave her many useful advice on her skills.

Many people came and asked her the reason for her sudden changes, but every time she would give them a mysterious smile and continued her work. Surprisingly, Edgar didn't say anything about this or came to find her. Everyone wondered what happened between their boss and his personal secretary.

This day, as usual Ema was working on a damaged painting with Leon standing next to her, teaching her how to fix the seriously damaged parts. Their discussion was interrupted by a sudden appointment directly to Ema.

Although she was curious and a bit annoyed by this sudden appointment which ruined her opportunity to learn from her mentor, still she remembered her duty as the personal secretary of Edgar. She changed her clothe and went to meet this unexpected visitor.

She followed the message and went to the cafeteria in the company. The message didn't state who was the visitor and she looked around carefully, tried to figure out who was this mysterious visitor.

"Em-Emilia!"

She followed the voice and saw her ex-boyfriend, froze. Shin noticed her facial expression and sighed, smiled bitterly.

"Please, can we really have a talk? I promise, I just want to finish everything." Shin begged Ema sincerely. The latter closed her eyes and rubbed her temple, sighed in defeat. She went to sit in front of him and order a drink for herself.

Shin rubbed his hands and looked at her hesitantly. "Emilia, I..." Em raised her head and looked at him, Shin gulped difficultly under her staring, his palms were sweating nervously.

"...I'm sorry, for everything I've done to you." He apologized sincerely and bowed to her. Ema blinked at him surprisingly, she didn't expect he would ask her out for apology. They stayed at that pose until the girl sighed and told him to raise his head.

Ema titled her head and mind drifted away to the past. Although her past was filled with many painful memory, they made who she was now. Without them, she would never know the world was cruel that kindness couldn't solve most of the problems. She needed to be tough and fearless when she must be.

She turned to look at the man in front her. Although they had both changed, she thought she could see their older-self laughing together. Those days were the days she would never forget and will treasure them forever in her heart.

"It is all over now. I don't want my past haunts me forever." She said. Shin sighed in relief to her words, smiled.

"I'm glad you can think like that. But still, I want to explain to you the reason about me and Rei-"

"You don't have to, really."

Ema's determinate voice stopped Shin's sentence, confused the young man. Ema sighed to his reaction and knew he didn't even think about that before.

"It is not my business anymore, so I don't need your explanation." She kindly explained to him. Shin seemed disagree with her point and shook his head.

"No, it is my responsibility to let you know everything. After all it has affected your life completely. I don't want to regret for it." He insisted.