Chapter 26

Mr Kimura staring at the view outside the office, hands clenched tightly by his sides. Rei lowered her head and hands clenched tightly on her lap, standing behind her father quietly. The atmosphere inside the office was extremely tense and heavy, made people feel difficult to breath. Shin froze a bit when he saw the scene inside the room.

"Do you understand my meaning?" Mr Kimura's voice was so deep and low, sent shiver to people's bones. Rei's hands gripped tighter and gritted, squeezed out her answer. Mr Kimura finally turned to face them, his face was covered with concealed fury. His gaze switched from his daughter to the young man standing next to her.

"Kanzaki, I have a mission for you." His voice was filled with determination and Shin immediately knew he was not allowed to refuse. He gulped quietly and nodded. Mr Kimura's face softened a bit to Shin's obedience, nodded in appreciation.

"Ashenbert is going to hold a ball for his company 5th year anniversary. I need you and Rei to attend the ball. Ashenbert Company's support is necessary and important for Fantasy next project. Ashenbert's answer is the key factor to the success of the project. Therefore..."

He pointed at his daughter with his thumb, head titled. "I need you to accompany with that idiotic daughter to meet Ashenbert, and try to get his support back." He turned back to face the window, hands placed behind him.

"Failure is not allowed this time. Get it?" His voice filled with warning and Shin swore he felt aura of death from this old man. He peeked at Rei and noticed there's an obvious red handprint of her cheek, gulped.

"We will do our best, sir."

Shin sighed in relief when he and Rei finally got out from Mr Kimura's office. His hands were still shaking slightly and his palms were sweating. He peeked at Rei's face carefully, moved backward a bit. Just when he moved, a hand with long nails passed right in front his face. Rei glared at him and grabbed his arm, slapped his face hard this time. "Don't you dare to move again from me ever again I do whatever I want, got it!" Rei yelled loudly and slapped his face again. This time, her long nails cut his cheek and blood dripping slowly.

Shin looked at her coldly and slowly Rei noticed what she did, withdrew her shaking hand, and looked at it unbelievably. Shin turned and planned to leave. Rei looked at his back fearfully and rushed to him, hugged his waist tightly.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry- I, I didn't mean it, please don't leave me alone! Please don't!" She cried and tightened her grip. Shin didn't stop her or tried to comfort her, just stood at there, maintained silent. Rei seemed getting more anxious to Shin's silence and kept on apologizing, begging him not to leave her alone. Shin's hands clenched tightly by his sides, eyes were filled with complicated emotions. After a while, his hands relaxed and patted Rei's head lightly.

Rei looked at him surprisingly, then it turned to happiness. She rubbed her cheek to his chest, hands tightened. "I know you won't abandon me. You can't leave me alone." She smiled brightly. She was too happy and didn't notice the deadly coldness in Shin's eyes. There were countless nights in the future that Kimura Rei regretted for not seeing that coldness in Shin's eyes. If she noticed it earlier, perhaps her life would never change such dramatically in the future.

---------------

Ema tugged her hair behind her ear, took a sip of her hot coffee on her way to school. She looked at the blue sky and couldn't believe she was going to graduate already. Although there was many painful memories in Accademia Italiana, still it was her first important step to her brand new stage. Once she entered the campus, many student greeted her politely and happily. Who would know someday the infamous Emilia would be treated respectfully? Every time Ema thought about it, made her chuckled surprisingly.