Chapter 33

Ema felt like a large and heavy rock placed on her head while her brain was being tore apart when she regained her conscious back. She opened her eyes slowly and blinked several times to adjust the darkness.

She narrowed her eyes and tried to look around her surroundings. Longer she looked around the room she was staying, more familiar the view seemed for her. Her eyes slowly widened in realization and shock, she finally knew where she was.

"How do I-? What happen?" Ema spoke to herself loudly, tried to make sure she wasn't dreaming.

Although her headache was still affecting her sense of balance, she managed to get out the room and followed her memory, figured out the way to the downstairs. She looked at her reflection in the escalator's mirror, tried to figure out what was going on.

Her memory was still a blur but some broken pieces could still recalled. Ema rubbed her temples and closed her eyes, linked up all the pieces and slowly she understood, everything must be related to that man. Even she didn't want to believe the assumption, but it seemed to be the most reasonable thing now.

She heard muffled argument from the living room, it getting louder and more furious by the time passed. Ema sat on the couch next to the staircase, listened to the conversation below.

"How can you do that?! Do you have any idea what are you doing now?!"

"I understand you miss her so much and want to protect her from all harms, but this is ridiculous! Totally insane!"

"I told you before, if you can't bring her back then I will do it myself!"

"Calm down, both of you-"

"Now she is back and I will make sure she can enjoy her life just like the past again! You don't have to worry about anything!"

"Have you ever think about her feeling? You just do as you want! Not for her!"

"She is right, sir. You have done it too over-"

"Shut up! She is my daughter! Of course I have the right to make the best decision for her!"

"How dare you say such thing?! I can't agree-"

"No matter what you say, what is happened is happened already! I won't let her go back again! She will and must stay in here forever!"

"But-"

"I am her father! She must listen to me-!

"So, it is you."

A soft but emotionless female voice stopped the argument in the living room immediately. Everyone turned their heads to the voice, widened their eyes to the young lady whose face was emotionless and calm, seemed not surprised or confused by the situation at all.

They watched her got down from the stairs slowly and elegantly, walked to the man who spoke confidentially and determined a while ago. At last, she stood few steps away from the man.

Ema closed her eyes and took a deep breath, looked at the man face to face.

"Anything you need to say to me, Mr Rintarou?"

---------------

All the Asahina brothers looked at Rintarou and Emilia-no, Ema, both created an extremely tense and heavy atmosphere once they met each other. None of them spoke a word yet and only looking at each other quietly. Even no words came out from them, the brothers and Miwa could feel the two were having silent argument.

Miwa cleared her throat, decided to break the heavy silence. After all, she is the only one who can and allow to speak in the father and daughter business now.