Chapter 13

Ema was woken by the low hues of twilight, the gentle glow of sunlight laid on her sleepy and heavy eyelids through the curtains. She moaned and covered herself with the blanket.

'Ema? Are you awake?' Someone knocked the door softly, asked. Ema moaned and tried to ignore the person outside the door but soon the person knocked the door again.

'Ema? Madam is waiting for you.' Ema muffled some curse words and buried her head in the pillow.

'Fine, I'm coming in.' The person sighed and unlocked the door with key. Takao looked at Ema who curved herself into a ball on the bed, and chuckled softly.

'Let me sleep...' Ema muttered under the sheet. Takao shook his head and tried to pull the blanket gently.

'You have slept enough. It's time to go.' Takao said. Ema turned her back to him and continued to sleep. Takao looked at her and sighed.

'You have slept a whole day, Ema. It's 5:30pm already.'

Within a second, Takao was thrown on the floor by a sudden push. Ema looked at him with widen eyes, her hands still grabbing the blanket tightly.

'5:30? PM?' She asked with disbelief. Takao nodded and stood up, gave her a hand.

'Come on. We only have a hour before the work begins.'

In the bar---

Once Ema had changed her clothes and cleaned up herself, she and Takao went back to the bar. The bar was still on it's preparation, people dusting, cleaning the glass and wine bottle, adjusting the light for the atmosphere... Right on the stage, Gina and the pianist were chatting. Gina saw them and waved to them.

'Have a nice sleep, Ema?' Gina smiled. Ema blushed and nodded. She couldn't believe she had fell asleep for a whole day, it's unusual. She guessed she must be very exhausted from last night event.

'Alright, we still have a hour before our work begins. Let's have a talk now. You too, Takao.' Gina threw a glance to Sean. Sean asked several men to come in and they pushed the tabled together, formed into a long rectangle shape. Gina sat on the master seat, she signalled Ema and Takao sat together at the end of the tables. The others sat around the table and looked at Gina.

'Let us jump to the main point. First, let me briefly explain last night situation.' Gina changed into a serious face and voice, the atmosphere in the bar became tense and dangerous.

'Last night, some idiots came into our territories without permission. From how they speak and act, they are not local for sure. Local or any person who has a brain would definitely know our rules at here but... we find something very interesting.' Gina smirked coldly. The man Ema met outside the hotel threw something on the table from his coat, Ema widened her eyes to the object.

'A gun. Yes, it's not something strange at here. The problem is... the logo on it.' Gina pointed at a small logo on the handle.

'Animal? It's that, a, a fox?' Ema looked at it and asked. Everyone heard Ema's words and the aura became more anxious. Gina nodded to her and got the gun.

'A fox. We all know this logo very well.' Gina said with a mocking smile. The man stood beside Gina and opened the folder on his hand. Before he spoke, he glanced at Ema quickly.

'Madam, is that fine to tell everyone at here?' He asked. Gina drank her tea and turned to Ema who looked confused.

'Ema, things we are going to talk about it's not a thing that a normal girl would like to hear. It may also bring you into danger. Do you want to stay?' Gina asked seriously. Ema felt everyone's gaze on her and she swallowed difficultly. She turned to Takao who gave her a small smile.