Chapter Sixteen: Ghost in the Hall

Dead weight.... the large body hung from the stone ceiling like a piñata, bruised and broken; unfortunately candy did not spilled from his skin but only warm dark red fluid that dropped upon the concrete floor. His arms were numb and practically out it sockets as the gush of wind from the opened bared window pushed him back and forth with a delicate touch that made him wince.

"Oh, it seems you're still alive." A snarky guard entered the large room, the cell door screamed- mixing in with the other prisoners agony and slow sounds of death. The guard, right hand man of General Greenly, walked around the hanging form; whistling a childlike tone while swinging the black polished cane mainly used as a torturing device amongst its owner. "Are you awake?" Jabbing the silver raven shaped handle into the prisoners side, the guard gained his answer.

Wyatt hissed and jerked his legs, the circulation in his limbs was weak, it left a tingling feeling that soon surged into stabbing pain to match the feeling upon his lower spine. His body hung from the ceiling since the day they've dragged him to the interrogation room, Delilah's sweet delicate face was still on his mind; her worry, her fear when they forced her down, Eric's smirk as he tempted to violate her. It has left him raging and alive to see Greenly's face as he took everything away from the bastard. However, in reality Greenly and O'Riley was winning, he is to be hanged in three days; the judges sudden urge of an extension was a relief but it only brought more agony.

"Come on American, tell us why, confess already."

The day of Delilah's attack would of his downfall, however, Jeffery Harrison saved them both but just coming in at the right time. Once Delilah was far from danger, he kept quiet, the sudden tactic of hurting the one he cared about the most flew out the window. In which, it all leads to the hanging, O'Riley's order of the noose was the last tactic to hear the confession they wanted to hear, not the truth.

Wyatt looked up slowly, the sunlight dancing along the walls and his skin was the only source of warmth and evidence that he was still alive but barely holding on. His vision went in and out, blood coated his eyes, and sweat burned every wound; a fever was coming on from infection, his stomach was eating itself from hunger, heart weaken, and lungs tight from breathing in mold and sewage. The physical aspects of Hell as all their torturing has not yet left a toll in his mind and soul.

The American laughed dryly like the prisoner across the hall, he could of been mistaken on his sanity. "I didn't want to believe it, but it is most definitely true when they say the British are a bunch of cock suckers."

"You fucking wanker." The guard spat, the polished cane swung forward twice upon Wyatt's ribs, further fracturing his bones, one more hit a rib will break. "How bout we bring your whore in here, me and the guys will take her for a spin. Show her what a true man is."

Wyatt scoffed and chuckled lightly to further irritate his tormentor. "Your mother is more man than you."

The cane went to strike once more, but stopped an inch from Wyatt's fractured rib, a deep voice echoed along the walls. "Sergeant that's enough." Greenly stood on the other side of the cell, hands bound behind his back, and eyes narrowed. "We need him well enough to stand in front of the judge. Take him down, wash him up."

The guard nod his head in obedience before removing the blade from the cane, one slice at the thick rope, the large form fell amongst the concrete slab with a harsh thud. "Three more days, American, you'll be hanging from your neck next time."

*~*~*~*~*

The halls were still and chilly, ghost moved along each room like wind during the winter nights, feet dragged and floorboards creaked, skin pale, and head hung low. Such ghost mourned what is not yet dead, cried from the absence of another, blame themselves for what they did not do. Delilah seemed strong on the outside when walking the streets to gain insight on what is going on behind those prison walls, but just like the prison, the string stone exterior held insanity, weak, souls that cried out for help they will not receive.