"You shit, I told you to know your damn place!" He stepped on her, almost losing to his anger.

She continued to being silent, not moving at the slightest.

"...End my life."

The taller man stopped stepping on her, completely amused.

"Hoh? You've been spared, and you begged me, to kill you?"

"..."

"Answer the damn question!"

"I.. I don't care anymore. Crush me, shred me to pieces, eat me, whatever. Just.. Let me go to the same place as my family."

He looked taken aback by what this little girl just said. ...She should be around ten or eleven, yet, she so eagerly want to go to heaven?

He smiled widely, look of delight on his face.

"Ha. Ha. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!"

She looked at him as if he has gone mad. Well, on her eyes, he is mad for sure.

The man brought his hand to his face. "Interesting, human! It has been a long time since I heard something that funny!"

He crouched down, letting his face get closer to her.

"Human girl, I will let you live for now."

The girl's slanted eyes widened instantly. "W- what?"

"Are you deaf? I'm saying I will let you go, for now."

"No! Kill me! End my life! I don't need it anymore!"

Still crouching down, he brought his hand to her hair once more, making her look at him.

"From the start, I intend to let you live, so when you grow older, you will be more delicious as well, as you have a rare blood. But.. Now I'm amused, human."

His red eyes started to glow, smile still on his face. Yet, the girl just stared at him, hatred burning on her.

"Will you come at me in the future? Will you come avenge your family? If you can, come and get my neck, human." He pointed his index finger to his neck.

He finally released her, letting her face touched the ground.

"My name is Kibutsuji Muzan. Remember that, human. I.. can't wait for that future to come." He said once again, before standing up, going to the darkness.

"W... Wait.." The girl's hand tried to reach him, before her eyes closed off.

The little girl looked up to the clouds-decorated night sky as she tried her best to sit up. Just once final push, its contents will start to pour.

"Kibutsuji... Muzan..."

With fiery filled eyes, she swore upon her life. Just as she continue to cursed, cursing the demon and her life, and how incompetence she was, as if the heaven getting sympatethic with the wretched girl, the clouds opened its belly.

As water started to drop hard, muffling her voice, making her completely dripping wet from head to toe, she screams.

"I swear.. I.. Will make you regret your decision. I will make you take this hatred!"

Humans are fragile, yes.

Just like a beautiful flower, humans are fleeting existence. They grow, they bloom, and they die. It's the undeniable cycle of life, making human's one life beautiful. They struggle, they feel pain, they get sympathetic for others.

That's why, that demon will never understand them.

She looked to the side, to a muddled pool. A flower on it.

That flower is just like her

That flower is just like her. Alone, away from its family. Dirty and fragile, it's her indeed.

Yet, it still showed its beautiful petals.

She brought her blood covered hand to it, taking it out from the dirty pool of water. She grabbed to it, clenching her teeths.

She wiped her eyes with her kimono. smiling a sad smile, yet determination filled her eyes.

"I, too, will never waver again, and continue to bloom."

I will show it to him, how this small little girl, can also fight.

That's the strength of humanity.

———— ❁ ✿ ❁ ————