Chapter 9

Tobias POV

I have to admit on the trip that my nerves were slowly growing more intense and I was thinking about backing out, but then the memory of fighting Tris to the ground and her holding a gun to her head was pushing it's way to the top of my mind. 'I have to do this for her.'

Once there, we climbed to the top of the tower and I took in the amazing sight and ignored my fear of heights. Everyone gathered around waiting for someone to speak, eventually Christina walked to the front of the crowd and stood up on a piece of stray wood.

"So we all know why were are here today, to celebrate the end of the war against abnegation one year ago. We all lost family and friends, we all hurt people under command. That's why today we have come to together to zip line again for the very last time, to show our strength, bravery and courage. Each one of us will release a balloon for the number of loved ones we lost, and once we get to the end we will add those names onto the brick wall. So we never forget them, they will always be in the city and of course our hearts." Christina paused because of her emotions so I decided to end it.

"Okay let's start."

One by one people went down, and I become closer to having to do it myself, I turn to Tris and it was finally one of our turns. As I was about to say 'you go first' she pushed me towards the zip line and I got tied in face down. I was handed one blown which said RIP because I didn't physically loss close loved ones. Within seconds I was off and flying through the air. My hair was blown back and I actually enjoyed it as the speed was increased and I spread my arms out while closing my eyes. I let go of the blown and opened my eyes as I dropped in height and it went a lot faster, then I saw the people at the bottom and got ready to pull the brake. They started shouting so I presumed it was about time I came to a stop and then I saw the wall and pulled the brake so hard that I'm surprised it was still there. I stumbled a bit and sat down to catch my breath waiting for tris to come down.

A while later I see three balloons floating in the light sky. 2 large ones which were grey, I presume for abnegation. Then a little black one which signified Will. Once Tris came into view I could see her tears shimmering on her cheeks, so when she got off the zip line I pulled her into a huge hug.

"I'm your family now, you aren't alone." I said in her ear.

Once pulled away she nodded and wiped her tears, we were both handed knives and began to carve out the names on the brick wall.

(Authors note: Double update today, I hope you liked it. Once again please vote and comment thank you.

These two chapters are dedicated to:

ashelliot

books_rok

Thank you guys for voting heaps I really appreciate it )