Chapter 5

Tris POV

Tobias and I stopped dead in our tracks as we saw the tears threatening to spill from calebs eyes.

"Caleb your scaring me what's wrong?"

He shook his head, but I walked up to him and gave him a hug. As I did this his tears came faster and I could feel them through my shirt on my shoulder. I pulled away and looked at him waiting for him to explain himself.

"I can't....I can't say goodbye that way Beatrice, I'm sorry I know that's how everyone is going to celebrate. But I can't celebrate it, and definitely not like that. I'm sorry."

I pulled the pictures out that I still had in my pocket and handed him the one of the whole family, he cried a lot more and took in the happy smiles we all seemed to have. This was a special picture cause if was the only one we had taken together as a family, we were selfish that day and thought of ourselves to take this one photo, and I'm glad cause this one photo is the only physical memory we have left, and will stay that way.

"Caleb this is our family, we don't have to fly through the sky to say goodbye and to remember them for who they were, we just have to say goodbye in our own way and time. Mum and dad sacrificed there lives for both of us and they did that so we could be safe, healthy and so we could live a life that's worth living. They wouldn't want us doing things we didn't want to do, so you don't have to go with all our friends to zip line and say goodbye, so just have to do what feels right."

I pulled back a bit further and thought of something, I look around and realised that Tobias has left.

"Stay here I will be back in a minute." I walked upstairs and found Tobias in our bedroom.

"I'm going to take Caleb to see mum and dad." He stood up and gave me a light kiss on my forehead, he probably also saw slight tears threatening to spill from my eyes. Tobias touched my tattoo of the three birds and then stared into my eyes.

"You will always have me Tris, I can never replace your mum and dad but always remember I'm your family now."

"Thank you, I will be back later. There is something both Caleb and I have to do."

He nodded and I walked out of the room to see Caleb still staring at the picture of my family, I grabbed his hand and lead him to the door.

"Come on there is something we have to do."

(Authors note: sorry I haven't managed to update in ages, but hopefully I can more more regularly now. Please comment and vote to encourage me to keep writing. Thank you)