Rainy Day

Ship: Shuichi x Kokichi

Kokichi let out a long breathy sigh. It was raining so he had nothing to do. He pulled out his DS to play something, but it just didn't cure his boredom. It was Saturday so he could hang out with someone, but who could hang with? He didn't have many friends. Not that many people liked him.

He folded up his DS and placed it onto the table. He stood up and walked to his room. On his way, he petted his cat. He got dressed. He was wearing a black rain jacket, jeans, and some black high top converse shoes. He pulled the hood of his jacket over his head and grabbed his umbrella and left the house.

"Shit" he mumbled to himself. His umbrella was old and rusty so it was hard to open it. Finally, with some type of black magic, he got it open.

He walked to the shopping district. While at a crosswalk he noticed Kaede and Miu across the street. They were talking and holding hands. They were sharing one umbrella. By the way, it looked it was probably an invention by Miu. He waved at them and smiled, but in reality, he hated them both.

When the light showed that he could walk, he quickly skipped across the street. He looked over in the window of the Panera Bread. Mahiru and Hiyoko were eating together. They were two years ahead of him so he didn't know them very well, besides the fact that Mahiru was the leader of the photography club and Hiyoko was on the dance team.

Finally, he arrived at the game store. He opened the door and pulled down his hood. He struggled to close his umbrella again, but he managed after quite some time.

He walked through the aisles looking at all the choices. Should he get a fighting game or a fantasy game? He stumbled upon a game he had not played in years. He picked it up and dusted it off. "Animal Crossing..." he mumbled to himself. He decided to buy it.

He brought it up to the front counter. He signed to himself. The person working at the desk was facing the wall and was on the phone with someone. Kokichi tapped his fingers on the counter to get the clerk's attention.

"Uh, Hello? Mister? Do you even work here?" Kokichi exclaimed in an annoyed. The boy turned around and faced Kokichi.

"Sorry I have to go, bye!" he said. Kokichi studied his features. He had navy blue hair and gray eyes. He had quite long eyelashes that almost didn't seem natural. Kokochi recognized the boy from his class. His name was Shuichi Saihara. He was a quiet kid and spent most of his time with that annoying bitch Kaede, Kaito, and Maki. Kaede did not like Kokichi very much. They had once been paired together for a project, and let's just say it did not go very well. 

Shuichi was one of the only people in his class he actually liked. After all, his only friend was Rantaro, even though Rantaro did not enjoy his company all that much. Kokichi only liked people who were interesting so he didn't like many people. You would think he would like a lot of people when he goes to a school where only people who are the absolute best at what they do are allowed to attend, right?

"Oh hello, Shuichi!" Kokichi called.

"Oh, you're Kokichi, right? Sorry for the wait. My friend was calling me and would not hang up." Shuichi said.

"Why is he always so energetic all the time? Where does he get that energy from and how can he give some to me?" Kokichi thought to himself.