Hiyoko x Mahiru 2/2

Not my art

Hiyoko had somehow convinced Mahiru into going to prom. It was Tuesday. It had been about a week since the they started working on their science project and they had bonded quite a bit during that time. They even showered together, which is something that we don't talk about.
They had almost finished their science project.Their topic was "The Science Behind Dance" Hiyoko unsurprisingly picked out this idea. She didn't like the one Mahiru picked out so she made Mahiru change it to something she liked instead. They were both very close to Finishing at that point.
Hiyoko could not remember the last time she had felt that happy. She got these butterflies around Mahiru that she could not describe. It was like something she had never experienced before. Her heart sped up, her breathing fastened, and all she wanted to do was be around her. She was in love, though she did not realize it.
"I'm not a lesbo, am I?" Hiyoko could not help but wonder in class one day.
Hiyoko strutted into her house. It was a traditional Japanese house. She walked into the dining room. There was already some tea and some candy laying down on the table for her to eat. Her parents were not home yet so she was home alone.
She pulled out her math homework and started working on the first problem, but she couldn't finish it. So many thoughts were rushing through her mind. She couldn't concentrate.
Before she knew it, her tea was cold. She led out an annoyed sigh and ventured to the kitchen and brewed some more. She could not stand cold tea!
When she sat back down, her phone rang. It was Mahiru! She eagerly pressed the 'accept' button not even having to think about it.
"Hello?" A familiar voice echoed into Hiyoko's ear.
"Hi!" Hiyoko replied back cheerfully.
"I was wondering if you'd be available to come to my house so we can finish up the science project." Mahiru said. "I'm almost finished so it won't take long!"
Hiyoko eagerly accepted it and hopped into her car and drove to Mahiru's house.

                                     • • •

"Ding Dong"
Mahiru cringed at the sound of the loud ass doorbell echoing into the house. She ran to open the door for Hiyoko.
"Hello!!" Hiyoko said cheerfully.
She pulled off her backpack and pulled her computer out. "Ready?" She said.
Mahiru nodded and led Hiyoko up to her room. She held onto Hiyoko's hand making her blush a little as she guided her to her room.
Mahiru's room was decorated with framed photo's of her and her friends, a large queen sized bed, and a red bedside table. It wasn't small, but not big either. Just right.
Hiyoko sat down onto Mahiru's bed. She pulled a strand of her obnoxiously long hair over her face to cover her very bright blush. She was very nervous, but she hid it so Mahiru wouldn't notice.
Mahiru pulled her computer out from under her desk and opened up the information. Hiyoko pulled out all the crafts for making the poster board. Hiyoko has the task of gluing everything down and making it look pretty. She was surprising good at crafts. Mahiru's job was to type and print everything for Hiyoko. They only had a bit more to do until they were done.
"So," Hiyoko began. "Who are you going with to the prom?"
Mahiru blushed. She didn't have a date.
"I bet it's that boy in the photography club. You and him have been talking a lot lately." Hiyoko said. She was so jealous of that boy for hanging out with Mahiru, but she could not change the fact that they were friends.
"Shuichi?" Mahiru asked. "Oh no we're just friends." Hiyoko let out a sigh of relief. "Plus he's already got a date anyway.." Mahiru mumbled.
They continued to work joking and laughing along the way. After a while Hiyoko suggested that they take a break. They ran down to the kitchen and grabbed two popsicles. It was nearing the end of the year so it was quite hot outside. The hot sun shown in through the window.
"I wish there were more pretty days like this." Hiyoko said while staring blankly out the window. She rested her chin onto her hand.
"This weather will end soon. Summer is coming up and it will be super hot every day." Mahiru sighed.
They left the house and went on a walk. Mahiru said that there was a lake nearby that they could sit down next to.
"How much longerrrr" Hiyoko said impatiently.
"Not long!" Mahiru reassured her. "She really is like a little kid.." Mahiru thought to herself.
• • •
It wasn't long until they reached their destination. Exhausted, Hiyoko practically collapsed into the picnic table. Mahiru sat down next to her and giggled.
Hiyoko turned her head groggily and looked down at the lake. The sun shone brightly again the reflection of the water. Many ducks were swimming across the river. The plants were blooming against the edge of the pond. Trees surrounded it.
"Who are you going to go to the prom with?" Mahiru asked Hiyoko. Hiyoko paused. She wasn't going with anyone that year. It hadn't really hit her until then that she was going alone.
"Nobody." Hiyoko replied. Hiyoko could tell Mahiru was quite surprised at this. Mahiru had expected Hiyoko to go with someone to the prom. After all, it was their last year in high school. They needed to spend their time having fun!
"Well," Hiyoko began "All the boys I was going to ask this year already had dates." She tried
making a believable excuse, but Mahiru didn't believe her. Hiyoko could not tell her the real reason she didn't have a date to prom. She placed her head against Mahiru's shoulder.
"I didn't see or hear about you asking anyone out this here." Mahiru said. Hiyoko didn't know how to respond to that. She was running out of lies to tell Mahiru to avoid telling her the truth about her feelings.
"Well I did!" Hiyoko replies snarkily "You must have not seen me!" Mahiru shrugged.
"Sure I guess.." They finished eating and walked back. The walk was a bit awkward. They ran up the stairs to finish the project. All they had to do was finish one more paragraph, print it, glue it, and decorate it.
Soon, Hiyoko had completely covered it in cute stickers and doodles despite Mahiru's objection. The job was done.
"Thanks for having me!" Hiyoko called as she ran out the door.
• • •
That Friday it was prom. The whole day everyone in student council was rushing to get things done. Tsumugi was part of the student council as well as Mahiru. That day during break they both walked to the meeting together.
"All right!" Angie began as the student council president. "As you all should know, tonight is the prom! Did everything bring all the materials?" Everyone brought a bunch of stuff and placed it on the table. Mahiru emptied a bag filled styrofoam cups.
"Ok so we are a bit behind schedule, but if we believe, I'm sure we can finish decorating by tonight!"
Everyone sighed. They all knew that we were going to stay at school after school to decorate the gym instead of going home and getting ready for the prom. Gonta was especially excited for some reason.
"Gonta can't wait to show everyone his skills as a gentlemen!" He said.
Mahiru hurried back to the place her and her friends were sitting at. Soon the bell rang and they all returned to class.
• • •
"MAHIRU!!"
Mahiru was awoken by the loud voice of her friend echoing through her ears. She had fallen asleep on her desk again.
"Mahiru, c'mon we got to hurry and and get to my house so we can get ready for the prom!" Hiyoko whisper shouted impatiently. Mahiru didn't have any time to explain to Hiyoko that she had to stay after school to help decorate the gym. Hiyoko had already taken ahold of Mahiru's hand and was dragging her towards the exit of the school.
They hopped into Mahiru's car and Mahiru started up the car.
"Ughhhh.." Hiyoko mumbled as Mahiru backed out her parking spot. "This has been such a long day. Can we hurry and upppp?" Mahiru nodded and took a turn out of the student parking lot.
"So," Hiyoko said. "Nobody ended up asking me out to the prom." Hiyoko sighed. She was hoping that saying that would at least give Mahiru a hint on what she wanted her to do.
"That sucks. Nobody asked me out either!" Mahiru replied.
"Really?" Hiyoko asked in disbelief. "You're so pretty I'm supervised nobody asked you out!" Mahiru blushed at Hiyoko's comment.
"Well I guess I'm not that pretty," Mahiru said while scratching the back of her head.
"Well," Hiyoko began "Why don't you go with me instead?" Mahiru blushed.
"But that wouldn't make any sense! We're both girls and we're friends!" She said. By this point they were already at Mahiru's house.
"Mahiru, you know about Miu and Kaede and in the grade under right?" Hiyoko asked. Mahiru nodded.
"Well we could be like that too you know.." Hiyoko said with a slight blush. She stared down at her feet waiting for Mahiru to reject her feelings.
"I guess so..." Mahiru replied shyly. There was an awkward silence in the car.
"Well lets go inside and get ready!" Hiyoko said breaking the silence. She grabbed Mahiru's hand and dragged her inside.
"So," Hiyoko began "The prom is in 3 hours. "That's just enough time to get ready!"
They went to Hiyoko's room and Hiyoko threw on her dress. It was a traditional Japanese kimono. It was bright orange with a light green ribbon tied around the waist. It was decorated with white and yellow flowers. She couldn't get it on by herself so Mahiru had to help her. She put on some sandals to go with it. She blow dried her hair, straightened it, and wore it down for once. She put on a very plain makeup look. You could barely tell she was wearing any.
Mahiru's dress was a bit short and had poofed out at the bottom. It was crimson red and white. She put on black tights underneath it a and a pair of red high heels. She had never worn something so fancy. She wore her hair normally and did her makeup. Hiyoko put a flower hair clip into Mahiru's hair and a pearl necklace around her neck.
Finally, they were done. Since they had 30 minutes to spare, they decided to drink some tea. Hiyoko didn't know how to prepare it so Mahiru made it for her.
"Ugh" Hiyoko sighed. "I can't believe that the guy I was gonna go with just bailed on me like that! Hmph!" Mahiru chuckled and handed Hiyoko her tea.
"So, Mahiru, what do you think about my offer?" Hiyoko asked.
"What offer?" Mahiru asked. She had already forgotten!
"Are you going to the prom with me?" She asked.
"I don't.. I.." Mahiru paused. She didn't know how to answer that. Was she? What would people thinks about them? Would they get teased? Made fun of?
"Hey.. you don't have to go with me if you don't want to.." Hiyoko said tearing up. She sounded as though she was about to cry. Mahiru placed her hand onto Hiyoko's shoulder.
"Don't worry! I'll go with you!" She reassured Hiyoko.
"Really?" Hiyoko asked.
"Really."

word count: 1953
A/N owo thanks 4 readin. sorry this took so long for me to write. i wrote this over the course of 3 days so i hope its good. i might write another part to this if people want me to.