vii.

(Y/N)'s POV

I heard the bell by the door rang and my eyes automatically went over to it, readying myself to greet the customer or customers. But they weren't customers, in fact, it was only Irene who wore a bright expression yet I could detect it to be a bit forced.

Irene came over to the counter as she took a seat in front of me, placing her small bag on the countertop. She looked as beautiful as ever from my point of view, I could feel my heart rate increase a little bit eventually.

"Hi, (Y/N). How are you?" Irene only noticed that I was behind the counter. "You're working here now?"

I shyly nodded my head and didn't meet her eyes, "Yes, this is the only way to repay Grandpa's kindness."

Her mouth formed an o-shape. Before she could even say something, Grandpa emerged from upstairs in his shop uniform and a warm happy smile decorated his face as soon as he saw Irene who also was very happy to see him.

"Aigoo, my granddaughter is here again..." he gleefully said.

Irene ran to him and gave him a hug to which the old man gladly accepted and returned it. They pulled away and Grandpa made his way behind the counter as well, starting his daily task while Irene came back to her seat and sat down.

"You're here to help right?" Grandpa asked Irene. "I take it you're not that busy with school?"

"Yes, I'm here to help. Though you know I don't use school related work to hinder me from going here, Grandpa."

"I'm sorry, I couldn't help saying it." Grandpa chuckled freely. "Anyways, I'm glad you can join us today.

"Of course, Grandpa. So what should I do?" Irene questioned, her tone of voice excited and eager to work.

My attention was pulled away as customers entered the coffee shop, it was a group of friends. I immediately tended to them and escorted them to their seat. I heard Grandpa told Irene to help me with handling the counter and serving the customers since Grandpa and Minhoon would be on kitchen duty.

"Good morning, may I take your order?" I handed them the menu books.

"I want a baked lasagna and banana shake," one of the customers said as he scanned the menu.

"A plate of freshly baked cookies for me and a glass of milk." The girl then replied as she texted on her phone.

The group consisted of five people, three guys and two girls, and from what I could see, one of them seemed oddly familiar. It was the girl in the middle then my eyes widened in realization as I finally recognized her.

"Chaemin?" I couldn't help but say out loud, my brows raised while staring at the only blonde haired girl in the group.

It earned her attention as well as the curious glances from the others in the group. She was surprised to see me as her jaw slightly dropped and her eyes widened.

"(Y/N)? Is that you?"

I was too surprised to see her but I realized it would be unprofessional to just ask her straight out since I was on duty so I bowed my head and fronted a smile.

"Yes," I replied but turned my attention to the other people in the group. "May I take all of your orders?"

Eventually, they gave their orders and I excused myself to prepare and get their orders. A frown immediately replaced the smile I had earlier as I got back behind the counter where Irene was stationed at.

I gave her the paper where I scribbled the group's order and started working on one of them. Irene noticed my mood shift however didn't comment on it and just went to the kitchen to ask for the orders.