xiii.

Bae Irene's POV

"That's all for today, class dismissed."

It was the end of today's class. I stretched my arms up to let of its tension on my muscles. The classroom became noisy as usual with friends coming together.

I fixed my things and was ready to leave when my eyes caught sight of (Y/N). He was with Sana, our fellow bubbly and cheerful classmate. She was poking (Y/N)'s cheeks, she said something to him. My eyes never left the two as if it was glued to them.

To be honest, I was quite surprised to see (Y/N) already interacting with others. I didn't expect that he would be able to make friends with others that fast when he seemed quiet and reserved.

(Y/N) grabbed Sana's hand which stopped her action. Ater a few seconds, he let go of it and said something. Momentarily, I felt a bit uncomfortable seeing him touch her hand which prompted me to make my way towards their spot.

"C'mon, I'll introduce you to my friends!"

"No, I-"

I interrupted, "(Y/N), are you going home now?"

I maintained my gaze firmly on him, he smiled and waved his hand as a casual greeting. Only then that my eyes shifted over to Sana, giving her a polite smile to which she also smiled back. I wasn't close with Sana but she's an acquaintance, someone close enough for me to say hi when we pass by each other in public.

"Hey. Yeah, I'll go home straight."

"What? C'mon, I told you I'll introduce you to my friends." Sana interjected, pouting.

I just felt that something didn't feel right momentarily when she interrupted. I kept my neutral face as I looked between the two. I couldn't help but join in the conversation among them.

"Oh, I didn't know you're close with Sana already." I looked at (Y/N).

(Y/N) nonchalantly responded. "Ah yeah, she's the first one to talk to me."

Actually, I did see Sana talked to him after his introduction to the class because I was looking at him when he took his seat. I saw how she poked his arm and said something while staring at him.

"I see, that's good." I replied.

"Irene, babe!" Someone shouted.

My eyes went over to the door, it was my boyfriend Suho. A smile bloomed from my face, it has been a while since he came to fetch me.

"I'll go now," (Y/N) said to us then walked out without looking back.

I didn't know what was going on his mind. Sana also left shortly as if going after (Y/N). It would seem like they really became close after just this day. I felt happy for (Y/N) if he could make friends but for some reason, Sana being his first friend didn't sit well with me.

I shook my head of my thoughts, not wanting to think that way and walked towards Suho. He was grinning from ear to ear and gave me a peck on the lips when I got to him.

"Let's go on a date today?"

"Really? I thought you're busy," I answered.

"Not for you," He winked.

He knew what to say to elicit a smile from me. I punched his arm playfully and we started walking now. I couldn't meet up with my friends since they were still in class, it looked like their teacher was going to dismiss them late again so I just messaged them about my after school date with Suho.

From the distance, I saw (Y/N) at the gate. He was quite noticeable with his towering height, he was talking with a group of people then I saw that it was Sana's group of friends. They looked like they were having fun conversing.