v.

Irene's POV

I just got home from the market where I helped (Y/N) buy the things Grandpa asked him to purchase.

"I'm home!" I yelled upon entering.

I went straight to the living room only to see Dad watching television while I hear Mom cooking in the kitchen.

"Oh, good evening." Dad greeted and I gave him a peck on the cheeks as greeting.

"Irene, you can take a hot bath now! I heated one for you!" Mom shouted as I heard the busy clanking of pots in the background.

My lips curved as a smile took over my face. I felt grateful for Mom heating the bath for me. This was just what I need after such a long day of stressing over my not so good relationship with Suho right now.

"Thanks, Mom!"

I headed upstairs to my room and dropped my bag at the foot of my bed before plopping down my bed in exhaustion.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket and entered my friends' groupchat which consists of Wendy, Joy, Seulgi, Yeri and me. I saw their usual conversation and even Yeri and Joy's bickering and bantering.

I typed in an 'evening' as greeting to which a chorus of replies came back. They seemed to notice that I was still not in my usual cheery mood as they kept asking me questions about my relationship.

"I just wish things would go back to normal..." I sighed then pushed myself off the bed.

I threw my phone on the bed and grabbed my towel then proceeded to the bathroom. I stripped off my clothes and slowly got in the bathtub filled with warm water.

It was very relaxing and my body immediately became comfortable, I could even feel my muscles relax. I released a sigh of contentment as I got to enjoy a hot bath today.

But my mood fell a little as soon as I closed my eyes, I could picture Suho and he was smiling at me. I remembered how his lips curl upwards and his cute smile was full on display.

I didn't want to not forget about it but I quickly opened my eyes, coming back to reality that we weren't on good terms and that the chance of me seeing that smile of him was highly unlikely.

"Stupid Suho..." I huffed then bent my knees close to my body. "Why won't you just tell me what you're hiding..."

Even with being in this relaxing bath, I couldn't help but stress out things. I hated myself for it, I was supposed to be enjoying this relaxation time.

Then I tried thinking about other things and a specific person came into mind. It was (Y/N). I remembered the fact that he's living with Grandpa now.

He seemed out of it when we first met and I remembered the reason, it was because of his ex-girlfriend. I felt sad and pity for him to be honest. From what I could deduce upon my time with him, I could say that he's a kind person. He never forgets to always say thank you when he receives help. I could even remember him offering me to walk to my house so that Grandpa and him was sure that I got home safely.

Unexpectedly, my mood got a little bit better when I thought of him and it was enough to let me forget about my problem even if just for a moment.

*****

(Y/N)'s POV

"Oh (Y/N), good thing you're here." Grandpa Eric said as he saw me enter the coffee shop.

From what I saw we had some customers and he gestured for me to start serving quickly.

I nodded my head and immediately went to the kitchen and placed the plastic bags on the table before exiting the kitchen. I went straight to the male customer occupying a table with what appeared to be his girlfriend, handing them our menu.

"Good day, what would you like to order?" I politely greeted with a smile.

They looked at the menu for a while before finally discussing what they would have for today. They eventually came to a decision.

"Please give us a strawberry shake and a chocolate one." the guy said.

"And also two slices of red velvet cake and also your super special vanilla ice cream."

I scribbled their order on the notepad I have and gave them a nod, "We kindly ask for your patience, your order will come after a few minutes."

I went back behind counter and gave the paper to Grandpa Eric. He nodded his head and gave me the task of getting the two slices of red velvet cake he had in the kitchen and the super special vanilla ice cream from Minhoon who was the shop's chef. Grandpa Eric introduced him to me earlier in the morning.

"I will be the one who will handle the shakes, you get the cake and the ice cream from Minhoon." He ordered and started working on the shake.

I went to the kitchen and quickly found Minhoon taking out the red velvet cake from the oven.

"We have an order of two slices of red velvet cake and the super special vanilla ice cream." I informed Minhoon. "Let me take care of the cake, prepare the ice cream."

"Okay," Minhoon agreed. "You sure work efficiently, (Y/N)."

I carefully cut two adequate sized slices and put them on the two different plates separately. I gave Minhoon a friendly chuckle and took the plates, placing it on a tray.

"I worked different jobs and so I gained experience,"

He handed me the bowl of vanilla ice cream sprinkled with many side treats such as oreos and sprinkles.

"Here, get it out there." he patted my back in a proud manner.

"Okay, Mr. Chef." I jokingly retorted as I exit the kitchen.

I noticed that Grandpa just finished making the shakes as he carefully placed it on the tray as well.

"Don't forget to say 'Eat well' huh," Grandpa Eric reminded me.

"Okay, Grandpa."

I adapted a polite and friendly smile, heading to the guy and his girlfriend's table. I stopped by their table and sent them a grateful smile.

"Thank you for your patience, here are your orders." I placed their order neatly on the table. "Eat well."

They nodded their heads while eyeing the food with satisfaction. I let them have their privacy and got back behind the counter.

"Good job, (Y/N). Not bad for your first day."

"Thank you, Grandpa." I replied, sending him a grin. "I will do my best to help you in everything."

"Aye, thank you as well." he laughed heartily. "Let's celebrate tonight for your successful first day at work."

"Thank you, Grandpa for everything." I sincerely thanked.

*****

Good day! It has been almost a month of no updates or whatsoever, I kinda forgot this account as well as my anime account since I was quite busy with school and personal life. However since I got some chapters waiting to be updated for this book, I decided to release one of them. I hope you guys enjoyed reading this and vote on it if you liked it.

|prkxelo_ signing off|