x.

Yoo (Y/N)'s POV

"I'm sorry..."

Those were the first words she uttered after we arrived here at the park five minutes ago. It was dark outside now as seen by the numerous stars glittering above. This was the first time I met her after what happened.

For some reason, I still couldn't stand to look at her as I was staring straight ahead, looking at nothing in particular. It was probably a sign that until now, I still couldn't forget what happened between us.

I continued to be silent as if waiting for her to say more as a part of myself was waiting for some explanation. But I shook those thoughts again after remembering the scene I had seen that fateful day.

"I'm really sorry, (Y/N)." she repeatedly apologized.

"I loved you..." I finally said something, "I really did. At some point even, I had wished that it was you I'll spend my entire life with."

I could hear a small gasp from her side as I continued what I intended to say, "Do you know that I've even pictured both of us having kids in the future. That we're going to live in a big house, build our own family and spend our lives together forever..."

No one spoke again between us for a few moments along with her occasional sniffling in the background. I had intended to share what I've envisioned for the both of us, what were once my dreams that I thought we're going to achieve together but were now only served as a broken promise.

I slightly turned my head to look at Jihye, it pained my heart that the person who I once considered my whole world could betray me in the worst possible way. I would admit that the first time I saw her entering the cafe, rage filled me but as we walked towards the park, it would seem that whatever emotions I was feeling disappeared.

"I want to be angry at you, shout at you, demand an explanation on how could you do that to me. But as we walked here, I felt like I had been drained of emotions."

"(Y/N), please..." she sobbed. "Can't we make this work again? I know I made a mistake and I'm willing to change, I want to earn back your trust. Can't we just go back...? "

"I'm tired. This will be the last time, Jihye." I stared straight at her eyes. "Take care of yourself."

I stood up and walked away. I felt like this was the proper way to end whatever lingering feelings I have for our broken relationship. This would mark the day that I would finally take a step towards the future and leave the past behind.

~~~

I arrived at back at the house. Grandpa just finished cooking dinner as celebration for something and asked me to set up the plates to which I did. We started to eat and I could tell that Grandpa wanted to say something.

"Thank you for worrying about me,"

"Are you okay now?"

I nodded my head as an answer. Life was short, I didn't want to stay locked in the past when I could just start again. There are people I could rely on now and I was grateful for them in my heart, hopefully one day, I could repay them for saving me.

Dinner passed as Grandpa talked about various things, probably trying to cheer me up. It was a kind gesture I was grateful for. It still didn't sink in to me how kind this person was. I was considered a stranger to this old man and yet he took me in and cared for me. I didn't know what I did in my past life to deserve this to happen to me.

"Thank you so much for all that you've done for me."

A grandfatherly smile bloomed from his face. "You're part of my family now, (Y/N)."