vi.

(Y/N)'s POV

It was finally weekend and morning, I woke up earlier than usual and decided to have a run as exercise. Back when I was still living with my ex-girlfriend, almost everyday I go out for a run during the morning.

I didn't have school for this current year but if I was, I would've been a 2nd year highschool student. I was an orphan and when I met my ex-girlfriend, she asked me to live with her in the apartment provided by her parents. She was a rich girl after all.

I left the coffee shop and made sure to lock it then I started running in a slow pace first. It felt great to be able to enjoy and feel the fresh morning air, the sky was still a bit dark yet it's transition was going on and give it only a bit time, it would eventually turn to its normal color.

"(Y/N)!" I heard my name being called.

I stopped running and slowly turned to direction of the voice that yelled my name. My hands immediately clenched in anger as I saw my former best friend, Seojoon. He could see my angered countenance as his face fell a little yet decided to approach me.

"(Y/N), I'm so so sorry for what I did." he tried apologizing. "I wasn't in my right mind, I hope you can forgive me."

I let out dry laugh, "Not in your right mind? So it's an accident?"

"Y-yeah, it was just an accident." I could see the panic in his face. "Look, I'm really sorry for that."

Seeing him pathetically ask for my forgiveness, it was satisfying but I knew not to believe anything that comes out of his mouth. All I could feel at the moment was anger and rage. This was one of the two persons who played me and hurt me.

"Seojoon, you were my fucking best friend..." I said with venom in my voice. "But I guess that friendship meant nothing for you because you still fucking slept with Jihye!"

Even though days had passed since I last saw Jihye and Seojoon, the torturous pain they inflicted on me was still fresh on my mind. I couldn't feel any other emotion other than hate and anger towards them.

"How could you say that finding yourself in bed with her was just an accident?" I tried lowering down my voice as it was still early in the morning.

Seojoon was feeling ashamed and guilty based on how he looked at the moment. He knew that what he did destroyed every ounce of trust I have for him, the moment he was in bed with Jihye, our friendship was gone.

"(Y/N), please I know you're angry and hurt. But if you could just hear me out then you would understand,"

"I don't fucking need your explanation, Seojoon." I sneered at him, almost inches away from letting my fist do the talking but I held myself back. "I'm leaving, don't ever talk or approach me again."

I didn't let him argue anymore as I ran out on him, resuming my morning exercise. Surprisingly as I run, I could feel wetness on my cheeks. The realization that I was crying hit me like bricks.

"I'm such a weak person..."

*****

Irene's POV

I woke up from my alarm, it was Saturday morning and my plan for today was to go to Grandpa's coffee shop and help him out. For sure, there would be more customers for today since it was weekend.

I stretched for a while and headed for the bathroom for a quick morning shower. After doing so, I changed into casual comfy clothes. I was excited to help out and see Grandpa so I hurried up and went downstairs.

"You're just in time. Have breakfast with us, Irene." Mom said as she saw me.

I gave my parents a kiss on the cheeks as morning greetings. I sat down and Mom immediately placed a plate of food in front of me.

"You're going to your Grandpa's coffee shop today?" Dad asked.

I nodded my head and started eating. Even though I was thinking about my plan of going to Grandpa's place, thought relating to Suho came rushing back and I could feel my mood drop a little.

"Oh, Irene. Why are you frowning? Didn't you like what I cook for breakfast?" Mom was quick to notice.

I quickly forced a smile to appear on my face as I shook my head in denial. "No, Mom. I was just thinking about something."

I could feel both of my parents looking over my direction with suspicious eyes. I didn't want them to worry too much over me and so I immediately finished my food and retreated back to my room to gather my things.

"Thank you for the food, Mom. It was delicious." I complimented her with a sincere smile. "I will go upstairs and prepare some things."

Dad also seemed to be finished with his meal as he put down his newspaper and took one last sip of his black coffee. Mom was quick to attend to his needs and I slipped to my room quietly.

I went to grab a small bag that I would use for today. As I was thinking of things to bring, I found my phone on the bed and it was ringing and vibrating at the same time. This kind of behavior indicated a call and I reached for it in an instant, discovering that it was Suho who was calling me.

I answered the call though I really didn't want to deal with him right now. Not after what he said to me and his obvious intention of distancing himself. A frown appeared on my face as I faced the window.

"Baby, are you free right now? Let's go on a date." He said straight up, a happy tone coating his words.

Hearing his endearment for me surprisingly didn't bring comfort to my ears and I just felt annoyed. After days of suffering and wondering why he was being cold and all, he would just call me and casually ask me out on a date. He was way above his head if he thought I would let his hurtful behavior go just like this.

"I'm not free, I'm busy." I coldly responded.

I could hear a sigh of frustration on his end which further annoyed me and dropped my mood, I scoffed on the phone. "Wow, just wow. So you're annoyed at me."

"How could I not be? You're being cold and rude to me."

"Cold and rude? Did you not notice your own behavior these days?!" Instinctively, I raised my voice.

My hand shot up to my mouth as I realized that my parents were probably still hear as I crept up to my door and gently pushed it open, trying to catch any sound coming from downstairs. Good thing, there wasn't a single sound which means my parents probably left for work already.

"Yah! How could you raise your voice to me?!"

Anger rose in me as I stood up straight and marched back by my bed to the small bag I would bring. I opened my mouth and gulped a big heap of air and I shouted into the phone with all my might before ending the call.

"I hate you, Kim Suho! Go away!"

I huffed and puffed as I really yelled with all my might and my legs just felt weak all of a sudden, tears started forming in my eyes. However I wiped them with the back of my head and steeled myself. I didn't deserve none of this at all and so I would not dwell on it any longer than I intended to and would just focus on my work today.

"Today, I will not let my relationship problems get the best of me. I will definitely enjoy this day."

*****