chapter 9- bickering over movies

Start from the beginning

"hey!" she pouted childishly and crossed her arms while he rose a brow "you should not be in possession of such weapon that you do not know how to use"

"oh yeah? how do you know I don't know how to use it?" she challenged narrowing her eyes playfully as he rolled his and placed it on the chopping board,

"if you knew how to use it, you would not hold it upright so carelessly where it can slip from your fingers and cut through your feet." he informed her and her eyes widened but she shook it off standing next to him and watching him roughly cut the meat.

"ah wait!" She placed her hands over his as he gripped the handle of the knife, squeezing it a little tighter when her hand lay over his and she began directing him into cutting the slices of it.

He attempted on focusing on the task but his eyes would drift to her focused face every so often as her brows furrowed in thought and her bottom lip was pulled between her teeth. When she cleared her throat he looked down and sure enough the meat had been cut.

She smiled up at him "are we making soup or stir fry?"

"I am not familiar with...stir fry" she grinned up at him,

"stir fry it then!"

Even though it was breakfast time,

He watched as she hobbled over to the fridge and he narrowed his eyes on her bandaged leg "you should not be walking on-" the ding of the elevator caught both of their attention as Natasha walked out of it,

"Sparrow! I've got some crutches, courtesy of Bruce, how are you feeling this morning?" she walked over and handed the metal sticks to her "I'm doing good, a little dizzy though, I might sit down soon, after I finish helping Loki make stir fry for the first time"

At this she rose a quizzical brow and cast the god behind her a look who simply shrugged at the assassin,

"right, well, be careful not to strain yourself too much, I'm happy you're doing good and save some for me!" she chirped and Sparrow nodded happily as Natasha waved goodbye and disappeared back into the elevator.

"okay, time to get cooking"

After 20 minutes the two had finished cutting, well, Loki had done most of it, not trusting her unbalanced figure to hold such a sharp blade in one hand. They set the ingredients into a pan with some olive oil and while Sparrow sat at the bench she told Loki how to operate the top elements and when the food would be good enough to eat.

"I do not understand why you mortals use such contraptions" he twirled the dainty glass in his hand with narrowed eyes as if it were gold between his finger tips,

"well I guess we're just innovative, what do you guys have in Asgard?"

At this his eyes twinkled "golden chalices, aged wines and mutton, where your cities are contaminated by greys and metals we have golden cities and marble path's"

"woah..." she breathed leaning forward as if he would tell her more, he grinned at her reaction and set the cup down "perhaps if you are lucky enough you may see it one day"

"What?! really?! that would be so cool!" she cried and looked at him with excited eyes as he turned his attention back to the contents of the pan,

"is it finished now?" the sizzling was still strong and the scent was delicious, even Loki couldn't deny his mouth was water from the smell "should be, just take it off the stove and the plates are in the second drawer"

"You are aware that I have lived here longer than you no? I do know where the cutlery is placed" he stated and she scoffed,

"no need to act like a know it all I was simply reminding you"