chapter 9- bickering over movies

-Sparrow-

When I woke up again I was a little dazed and most definitely confused, I blinked up at the white ceiling focusing on my light breathing. I quickly closed my eyes at the sound of a door opening and faked sleeping to avoid conversation right now.

When the sound of retreating footsteps made themselves known my eye peeked open and I shakily got myself to sit up and lean against the headboard, I was in my room and to my left on my bed sat a small plate of messily cut orange slices.

I just about snorted when I picked up one of the slices and it fell apart in my hand, it was as if someone had thrown it into the air and sliced it with a knife at random. I flinched when the door reopened and Loki came in with a glass of water and wide eyes.

His eyes shifted to the platter and his pale skin suddenly turned a bright shade of red and I nearly laughed on how it reached the tip of his ears behind his dark hair as he avoided my eyes. "I am...not the best at preparing such a fruit" he admitted defeatedly and a little laugh slipped past my lips and I immediately covered my mouth with my hand.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't laugh-" but he wasn't focused on that, he was more focused on the noise he'd been awarded with his clumsy cutting skills for the orange. Making a mental note to cut them terribly again next time.

"It is fine" he pretended to be a little peeved at her to avoid further teasing, when she began to cough into her fist he turned worried. He handed her the glass of water which she gave him a smile for as she gulped down all of it as fast as possible.

She sniffled and wiped under her nose with the back of her hand which Loki had noticed was a tinge red and her complexion pale, his hand instinctively pressed against her forehead before he could stop himself.

She stared up at him with wide eyes but relaxed into his hand closing his eyes at the cool feeling radiating from his skin. He let out a soothing hum of thought before his eyes flickered to her closed ones and he realized that she enjoyed the hand laid on her forehead.

Something pricked in the pit of his stomach and he pulled his hand away, her eyes opened and met his, "You are unwell" she sniffed and nodded,

"I thought so, I feel really hot right now" she fanned herself dramatically,

"your hand is cold" she reached out and grabbed it, placing it back over her forehead as he watched her with wide eyes interested in this new boldness. Then her eyes widened and she pulled back

"sorry-that was-rude I-"

"forget it" he dismissed turning and leaving the room a little conflicted, he ransacked the fridge finding some other food he could prepare but frowned at the uncooked chicken and wondering how exactly it was cooked with mortal equipment.

When he heard shuffling behind him he turned to see Sparrows hands grab the package of uncooked chicken breasts and she looked up at him "I can show you how to cook it if you're hungry?" she offered.

He didn't have the ability to tell her it was going to be for her so he simply nodded and watched her gather out a variety of different items he was unfamiliar with, but she thankfully pointed and labeled everything and he took the notes.

"Okay, so now we can lightly rinse the meat so we don't have all that excess gooey stuff" she took his hands boldly but completely forgetting how touchy she was. Even though Loki was not an affectionate man he kept his mouth shut whenever she placed her small soft hands in his or on him.

They stood practically connected at the hip as they prepared the meat for cutting, when Sparrow turned with the knife Loki's heart stopped and he quickly reached out to grab it from the handle and out of her grip.