sapphire wings ~~chapter six~~

Start from the beginning

“What?!” He yanks forward as the ground he was currently on rumbles and, grows spikes.

“Summon your wings. We have to get off the ground.” He says running again looking behind him.

“I don’t know how!” I screech. My body legs started to ache from running so, long my shoulder started to throb again. I must have pulled the stitches.

“There is no explaining it! You just have to!”  He says quickly and his wings unfold behind him. In front of us the earth curved down.

“Chris!” I screech as flames chase us off the cliff. I went into a free fall. My heart races, I am going to die.

A deep breath escaped me and I extended my arms as my eyes fluttered close. I was waiting for impact but a tingling in my back awoke me. Sapphire wings extended from my back. They moved as an extended limb but, had no idea how to fly.

“Flap em!” I forcefully pulled them down and let them fly back up, each movement took effort. Eventually the ground stopped coming towards me and the night sky was pulling me up. I was flying. Chris glided with ease to my side, he was smiling brightly. I couldn’t help, but smile back.

Cold mist clung to my skin. Silver light illuminated the trees and neon lights illuminated the town. We headed towards the town landing behind the library. “You were letting me fall!” He tucks his wings in leaning against the plastic siding of the library.

“I would have caught you before you hit the ground. Any ways, the dragon inside you wouldn’t have let you die if it could prevent it. It’s one of the basic rules.”

I scoff shaking my head. He wraps an arm around my waist and kisses my forehead. “Don’t be mad I’m not going to let anything hurt you.” He whispers and a faint pink covers my cheeks. “I only did it because flying is the easiest  way to escape the earth students, something good to know.” He pushes stray strands of my hair away from my face. My face turns a deeper pink.

“Hey love birds!” Violet calls giggling behind us. She was sitting on the granite bench my bag at her feet. I jump and instinctively step away from Chris. Clarisse dives down landing next to her. She folds in midnight black wings.

“Wh-how long have you been there?” I ask slowly.

“Long enough.” I sighed, not wanting to play her games. Clarisse shook her head not bothering to ask.  She gripped the handle of my suitcase and walks through a portal thing behind Chris. Violet grabs my arm and my bag yanking me though the portal. Before the black liquid dissolved me, I saw Chris roll his eyes.

Ending back at the hill we walk down the hill back at the school. I walk into a simple cabin lounge like you see on TV. A fire place was lit with a picture on the mantal of a black dragon with its wings outstretched. A soft brown felt couch, chair, and a dark wooden table filled the room. Two identical book shelves stood beside the fire place. Pictures, books, scrolls, and framed documents filled the shelves.

My brother, Taylor walked past with a noes in his book didn’t bother to look at me, just nodded when he saw Chris and kept on walking. “Let’s just go up to our room.” Clarisse mutters and we all follow her up to the bedroom. They set my stuff down on the edge of the bed. I sit down on the window seat. I yawned and gently rubbed my shoulder. Violet sits next to me.

“Let me see your shoulder.” I sigh and pulled off my shirt revealing the black lace tank underneath. Violet takes off the bandage and looks at the stitches. “They are healed enough to be taken out now…”  She says.

“Wait…what… now? But didn’t I just get them?”

“No…when you past out you were out for two days…” Clarisse says slowly. I sighed.

“Come on I’ll take you to the infirmary to get the stitches removed.” Clarisse says and she walks me out with Chris following silently. Violet stays in the room.

We walk down to a door with a golden plate on it labeled. “Infirmary” We walk inside. “Dr. Sherry?” Clarisse calls and a women walks out. She grins the wrinkles in her face showing. She was probably only it her late sixties and white hair was pulled back in a bun.

“Oh… Alexandria dear, you’re awake.” I nod.

“We wondering if her stitches are ready to come out.”

 She nods pulling out a chair and I sit. She pushes my hair away looking at the stitches going across my shoulder. “I say about so.” The doctor says pulling a cart with medical supplies up. She sprays some cold liquid that made my whole shoulder go numb and I couldn’t feel anything. She then starts removing the stitches.

She announces when she was done and I nod, yawning again. “You should get some rest dear the medication at the school makes you tired.” She says patting my other shoulder.

“Okay… and thank you.” She nods and leaves. They takes me back to the room.

The lights were off and Violet was already curled up in bed asleep. Chris sighs and gave me a half hug kissing my head again. “Goodnight… I will see you tomorrow.” He says walking off. Both of us get ready and go to bed.

I slept in the window seat which was surprisingly comfortable. Dark blinds were drawn because as Clarisse explains they are nocturnal. It’s easier to travel in both worlds covered by darkness. A deep breath escaped me. I had no idea what tomorrow to bring with my knowledge of this new world. I just hope it gets better.

(( Sorry for posting this late have not had much time to write this week with school and all. I like this chapter though Do you guys like it? feel free to comment. Any suggestions to improve my writing? any spelling mistakes. I am a human I am not afraid to admit I am not a robot and I make mistakes. Comment, tell your friends, click that little star there lol well i have no idea when the next chapter comes out but, have a good weekend people

Blood and ClawsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara