Archer takes a few step and looks up, almost like he is looking up. "Not so powerful now are you Moon Goddess." I gasp and clutch the side of the pool. He can't possibly be talking to me. He can't possibly be able to see me through the dimensional plains. Even the most powerful prophets can barely do this. "You won't be able to stop what is to come Moon Goddess. I will get my Everett back." Archer chuckles darkly before looking away and shifting into a monster that is no longer a wolf and running towards the dark spot in my reach.

I rush to get away from the pool and Anil lowers me to the ground and holds me as I try to steady myself. I grip his guard uniform tightly and force him close to me. Anil is the only comfort I have in this place. I am alone and at moments like this, I do not want to be the Moon Goddess.

"Lunette, what happened?" Anil whispers as I calm down. I can see guards and the heavenly prophets enter the room but I can't bring myself to pull away from Anil. The prophets are my guides of sort and have been my teachers throughout my life. They will likely talk to me later about my conduct with Anil but for now I can't bring myself to pull away from him.

"Bring me to my room Anil." I say loudly enough for everyone to hear. He helps me stand and as we pass the prophets I give my orders. "Contact the prophet of the Western Witch Clan and tell them that Archer has had himself cursed by the Southern dark witches and is now even more powerful."

They nod and move to the pool. Having prophetic abilities allows them to see through the dimensional plains in the pool.

I lean up and whisper in Anil's ear, "I'll tell you when we get back to the room."

He nods and leads me to my room. Typically I would never want to go back to my room willingly but right now I just need to be alone with Anil. After what I saw I know there is going to be a lot of death in the future. When a witch or werewolf dies. I feel the connection I have with them break. I form a connection with every being I create and allow to be born into this world and the pain as one dies is extreme but also short. It's like a burst of pain that ricochets through my body for a split second before they themselves return to the moon with the previous moon goddesses.

Anil side tracks and actually brings me to the guards wing and into his private room. He presses me to the door and holds me close his head brushing against my neck. I wrap my arms around him and pull him closer, digging my own head into the crook of his neck.

"We're going to get caught." I whisper.

"I don't care." Anil says and tugs my hips against him. "The prophets are already going to talk to us about our conduct. They might not let me see you for a while. We both need this. What you saw in the pool, it was bad wasn't it?"

I nod and choke back a sob.

"Someone died, didn't they?" He whispers and I nod again and hold onto him tighter.

He angles his head to kiss me and I can't help but kiss him back feverishly. We rarely get to be like this. The moon goddess cannot be distracted from her duties. I tug on his blond hair and he picks me up and presses me to his bed.

He leans over me and looks at me with his beautiful gray eyes. I run my hand across his face and rub his cheek with my thumb. He kisses my hand before kissing my neck. I hold him tightly and stare at the ceiling as he continues to run his lips down my neck. I stretch my neck for him. Anil being a werewolf makes him very dominant and he has a need for submission.

"Anil," I start and continue after he hums, letting me know that he is listening. "You know I could give you a mate. The most beautiful mate."

"Stop it Lunette. You know I don't want a mate. I only want you." He growls into my neck and I can feel his kisses become slightly more aggressive and he bites down lightly.

"But the Moon Goddess can't have a mate," I say tearfully and he pulls away. He wipes my tears and kisses me deeply.

"I don't need a mate. I have you and seeing you everyday and protecting you is enough for me. I've told you already that my wolf and I have a deep connection to you. I can only imagine that it is similar to that of a mate. I don't want anyone else." He whispers.

"Stay with me forever." I beg and he nods before holding me close.

"Until the day you return to the moon and even after that. You will never be alone, my love." He holds me tightly. His warmth a cocoon of safety around me.

"I love you so much Anil." I cry into his shoulder.

"I love you too Lunette." He kisses me deeply and pulls me against him. Keeping me warm in the coldest of times. 

|AUTHOR'S NOTE|

Hey everyone, remember when I said I was going to update weekly in the last update... well I lied and I'm sorry. I have been having a lot of troubles in my personal life and am battling some depression. Though the announcement of the #Wattys2019 has put my butt into gear and I plan to finish and enter this book into the Wattys. I think their will likely be 5 to 10 more chapters and then we will be done. I will tell you this... there will be a sequel! 

I have a faint idea of what the sequel will be but I have obviously not written it yet as I am still writing this one. 

|Chapter Goals and Questions|

Number of Reads: 45 K

Number of Votes: 1.8K

What do you think the sequel will be able and who will it be about?

Are any of you entering a story into the Wattys?