Chapter 23

1 week later, December 30, 2021
The funeral service was extremely quiet. Dennis did a speech about how Vlad started out hating humans and liked them after the fight with Bela on his 5th birthday and then helped saved the world from Colossus. "Vlad is the real hero," Dennis said, "I would have been able to beat Colossus if it wasn't for him." "I am really going to miss him." Drac put a hand on his shoulder. "We all are," he said.

After the funeral, everyone went back to their hotel rooms to get some sleep. "I'm going to go take Izzabeth to bed," Mavis told Dennis, "you still want to go to Winnie's?" Dennis nodded and kissed his 2 year old sister on the cheek. "Goodnight little sis," he said. When Dennis arrived at Winnie's room, he was greeted by Wayne and Wanda. "Hi Dennis," Wayne said. His daughter had told her about how Dennis had kissed her on the lips and he was not very happy about it. He thinks she's too young to be kissing anybody like that.Wanda on the other hand was happy for them but was upset that she missed her daughter's first kiss as well as Dennis's. "You wouldn't happen to have a picture of you 2 kissing would you?" Wanda asked. Dennis nodded and texted her the picture.

"Hi Winnie," Dennis said as she entered the room. "Hi Dennis," Winnie said smiling. "I thought Sunny usually sleeps with you," Dennis said. "Who said she isn't," Winnie said as she pulled off the covers, "she got cold and burrowed under the covers." Sunny then woke up and saw Dennis. "Hello," she said softly. "Hi Sunny," Dennis said. "Go back to sleep, okay little one?" "Okay," she said as she closed her eyes. "How are you holding up?" Winnie asked. "I'm doing fine," Dennis said, "Uncle Joey's 19th Birthday 3 days ago helped me forget about it for a little while but the funeral 30 minutes ago just put it back in my mind. I couldn't have done that without him." "At least you're okay," Winnie said. "I have Vlad to thank for that." "Yeah," Dennis said as he smiled at her. Winnie smiled back and put her arm around him, then the 2 leaned in for another kiss.
THE END