Baby blood

As Lilly and Jake took there turn patrolling the Cullens house she couldn't help but let her mind wander to the outcome of this situation .
She wondered if the baby would be human or a vampire and wondered what would happen once the baby was born .

Can you stop thinking so much. It's annoying -Jake
Sorry, I'll cut off the mind link -Lilly
No don't. Just..do you think Sam will forgive me? -Jake

Lilly looked towards Jake and let a small whine out, not really knowing if he would or not
I don't know Jake.. I think so. Your just doing what's right and eventually he will see that...at least I know who would stand up against Sam and follow us in the future - Lilly

Jakes wolf form smiled, knowing he had at least three good friends
I really though Embry and Quil would follow me - Jake
They are doing what's safe, not what's right. -Lilly .
*************************************************
The night went by fast with Leah and Seth taking there turn on patrol and as Lilly woke in the morning she noticed Jake sprawled our beside her In the bed Esme had offered them .

"Jake. Wake up." Lilly said while removing his leg from over hers.
Jake mumbled something under his breath and pulled the cover back over his head, wanting to sleep a little more .
"I'm going to check on Bella. You coming?" Lilly asked while getting up and slipping on the house slippers Alice had let her borrow .

She watched as Jake literally rolled out of bed and pushed himself up.
"Yea lets go" he said.

They found Bella seated on the couch with a small blanket thrown over her surrounded by the Cullens, and Lilly could help but notice that she looked worse than the day before .
Jake took a seat by Bella and Lilly sat down beside Rosalie.
"How are you feeling bells?" Lilly asked giving her a warm smile .
Bella's eyes met Lilly's and though she showed a smile her eyes showed she was exhausted.

"I'm good. Just cold" Bella admitted while pulling the blanket up for her .
"I got it" Jake said while scooting closer to Bella letting her soak up his warmth he provided.
Jake smiled at her with a sincere look and Bella only looked down at the quilt.
"Don't do that." Bella said.
"What?" Jake asked confused.
"Smile like I'm your favorite person in the world" Bella said with a hint of sadness laced in her voice .

Jake shook his head and Lilly spoke up, not wanting Bella's feelings to be hurt .
"Your one of them" Lilly said, which made Bella smile .
"Feels complete when you two are here" Bella said looking between the two.
Lilly watched as Bella hunched over and grabbed a small bucket, dry heaving and then leaning back into the couch when nothing came out .

Lilly's smile became a frown and she looked over at Esme.
"We need to find a way to get some food into her system" Esme said, trying to help in the only way she knew how.
"If only I could see the fetus I could know what we needed" Alice said with a annoyed look.

Lilly rolled her eyes. The baby wants blood obviously.
"I think you may be right, Lilly and Jake both had an idea" Edward said with a glimmer of hope in his eyes .
Lilly shook her head and laughed nervously when Jake smirked.
"It wasn't an idea, more of a snide comment" Jake said looking at Edward.

"What were you two thinking?" Bella asked looking between the two.
Jake sink down and shook his head a little.
"I was just thinking it wanted someone to sink its teeth into" Jake said avoiding her gaze.
Bella looked down at her stomach in awe and smiled
"He's thirsty." Bella said .

Lilly looked at Edward who's eyes were now getting darker by the hour and frowned.
"I know the feeling. If it's craving, it's not going to want animal blood" Edward said with a small smile.
"I have some O negative laid aside for Bella I can go get it" Carlisle said while getting up and going to the kitchen.

Lilly looked at Bella with a surprised look and her stomach started turning at the thought.
"Wait your going to drink blood?!" Lilly exclaimed .
As Carlisle came back in the room with a cup he handed it to Bella with a faint smile .

"It's the fastest way to test the theory" Carlisle said, looking back at Lilly.
"I Think I'm gonna Be sick" Jake said while moving further away from Bella.
Everyone watched as Bella carefully rolled the cup back and dipped the blood, all waiting for a reaction .
"It's...good" Bella said with a chuckle .
She took another sip and Edward smiled.

Carlisle put his thumb against Bella wrist and looked at Edward with a satisfied smile.
"Her pulse is already stronger" Carlisle said .
"That's good! So she just needs to drink...blood" Lilly said, still sick to her stomach with the thought.

The next days passed by quickly with the same routine .
Jake and Lilly patrolled at night then Leah and Seth during the day, Lilly helped Rosalie bathe Bella and Alice made sure Lilly had clothes as well and looked after herself as well . The bags of blood were now piling up in the trash can, empty and Carlisle handed the last bag to Edward, worried when he poured it in the cup for Bella to drink .

"This is the last bit..she could deliver as early as tomorrow and she'll need all the blood she can get" Carlisle said, worried
"And you need to feed. You have to be at your strongest for her" Esme said, from beside Bella .
"Carlisle your the enemy now. Sam sees you as a threat, you will get slaughtered" Jake warned.
Carlisle nodded and looked at Jake with a small smile.
"We will take Emmett" Carlisle said .
"That won't be enough" Jake said, and everyone knew it was true.