Lapush dinner

Crappy chapter because this is just a filler

"What are we doing here?" Lilly asked, unsure why her dad would bring her to the one place he didn't want her.
Sam leaned against the tree before telling her what he had been hiding the last couple of months.
"I've talked to my lawyer about getting full custody of you..not shared. I go to court this week, and I'm going to tell them you've been gone for a while.. I'm going to try and talk to the judge about sending your mom and possibly Kyle to rehab. I know it will be a huge change for all of us but I have to put your safety first" Sam said looking to Lilly who seemed to not find it surprising .

Lilly sighed and crossed her arms over her chest, knowing eventually her mom would lost custody wether it was Sam's doing or not.
"So what's been going on since I left?" Lilly asked.

"I've been going to court with your mom, the judge is on my side but with you being gone and your mom not pressing for missing persons report there wasn't much I could do. Now that your back I lost going to pick you up Monday and we're going to the judge first thing in the morning." Sam said, a little nervous but hopeful for the future.
"So..I only have this weekend left with them?" Lilly asked, a little disappointed she didn't have more time.

Sam looked at his daughter confused and a little upset that she would even want to stay in the house, but collected his thoughts before he answered.
"You don't have to stay with them Lilly. We have a room for you at our place, you know that" Sam said.

"I know I do, but if your getting custody of me soon then I might as well spend these last days with them..right?" Lilly asked looking at Sam.
"You don't have to put them first all the time...sometime you need to do what's best for you. Your too giving.. and that's not a bad thing, but when you give to the people who don't appreciate it that's when it becomes a problem" Sam said, wishing for once his daughter would just put herself first.

Lilly chuckled and looked at her dad who had always gave and gave since the time she met him .
"I guess I'm like you in that way" Lilly said, watching Sam as he cracked a smile .
"Yea.. I guess your right" Sam said, knowing that her mother was not like that at all, and she did in fact get that quality from him .

The day passes by rather quickly with the pack all telling Lilly what she had missed out on the past months, Embry had imprinted on a sweet girl named Kim, Emily and Sam had set a date for their wedding,  and The Cullens hadn't spoken to the pack since the battle, leaving them feeling used and a little bitter .

Lilly told the pack of the new friend she had made at work, the little cabin she was rented out and was happy when Jake and Jared showed up with max and the little bit of stuff she managed to get. Paul found himself unable to be happy for Lilly's new life she had lived but forced a fake smile on his face, not wanting to upset her.

Leah and Seth has to head home at 6 for their moms famous lasagna, Jake and Jared left to go to the movies and Embry left to go see kim, leaving just Paul and Quil to keep Lilly company whil Sam and Emily foxes supper before Lilly left to go home.

"Hey dad. Can I still keep max when I move in?" Lilly asked while rubbing the top of his head lazily as he was sprawled out on her lap.
"Of course, I have a feeling he'll be staying with you this weekend?" Sam asked curiously
Paul perked up from the table and looked at Lilly with wide eyes .
"Where are you going?" He asked, not wanting to lose his imprint once again .

"I'm staying the weekend at moms. Only to get everything packed up and say my goodbyes, that's all" Lilly said, knowing Paul would like the idea .
"Oh" Paul muttered while cutting up the chicken for Emily.
Quil looked at Paul who was clearly biting his tongue and offered him a smile, knowing he hadn't been the best since she had been gone .

"Why don't you just stay here sweetie?" Emily asked; not wanting Lilly to go back anymore than the rest of them did .
Lilly sighed, knowing no one wanted her to leave.
"It's just for this weekend. What could happen in two days?" Lilly asked with a chuckle, not knowing that something big would in fact take place that would leave them all in tears.

"I guess your right" Emily said, while going back to fixing dinner .
The afternoon rain started to come down as it always did in the summer and Lilly got up and sat down beside Paul, to say she didn't miss him while he was gone would have been a lie, but she was glad to get the space she needed.

As dinner set out the 4 ate quietly, no one really wanting to talk much and Lilly found herself feeling like an outsider.
Sure she was Sam's daughter, and Paul's imprint, but she felt guilty for leaving in the first place, not knowing that they all felt abandoned when she had left and she figured staying with her mom until the custody took place would do them good .

So as Sam drove her home once again he was surprised when both Kim and Kyle answered the door with confused looks on there faces.
"Your back?" Kim asked with a few tears in her eyes .
"Only for the weekend. I'll see you in court on Monday. Don't be late again" Sam said in a threatening matter .
"I just got her back Sam, you can't go through with this custody battle I'm her mother" Kim said quietly.

"She left because of you. She's my daughter and she will be with whoever the judge decides." Sam said, not backing down even though he had felt bad .
"I'll see you Monday dad." Lilly said, not wanting the two to argue .
"I'll be here tomorrow to check on you. And Sunday." Sam said, wanting Lilly to know he wasn't leaving her alone like he had last time.

As Sam walked back to the truck Lilly walked in to see the house hadn't changed much and she felt the wave of guilt wash over her.