Heated Uley

As Sam pulled back into his driveway he saw a police car and saw one police officer he had never seen before was already talking to Lilly, with Paul standing protectively next to her.
He took a deep breath in and got out making his way to where Lilly was standing.

"That's all the questions we have for today." The police offer said as Lilly just nodded and mainly stared at the ground.
"We talked to Kyle who is denying the charges against him, Kim was not there so we couldn't speak to her, we dis notice paraphernalia inside of the home but he says he had no idea it was even there, we have him down at the res station. He's been in before, he never stays for a couple of days. Most allegations against him are false."The officer said looking directly at Sam.
Sam nodded, hating how someone could so easily get away with anything's and got pissed knowing the cop wasn't taking this serious.

"I got papers showing my rights to her, she'll be staying over here on the weekends, but I'm concerned about what happens when she goes back home, the judge said you would decide who she is to stay with util we figure this out" Sam said while handing over the papers to the officer .
He eyed over them quickly and handed them back with a small nod, not really caring enough about the situation.

"Legally she has to return on Sundays at 8 and will be over with you on Fridays, there is nothing we can do about that unless a judge says other wise. The only thing I know to tell you is if this continues I would try to her full custody with only visitation rights with a family member ensuring her safety" the officer said.

"The judge told me you could grant her access to stay here if it benefits her safety" Sam said, lifting one eyebrow up at the officer who seemed to not be thinking of Lilly's safety.
The officer rose up his eyebrows and let out a dry laugh, making Sam madder by the second.

"Look. I know what I can and cannot do. Right now all I see are a few fading bruises that could have been caused by anything or anyone. Everyone is innocent until proven guilty in this state. Once I see she is really in danger and not just running to live with a dad she's never had before I'll make that call, but for now she will be going back home wether you like it or not." The Officer said in a demanding tone .

Paul was extremely pissed at the tone of the office, close to phasing as he felt his inner wolf clawing to escape and was glad when Sam handled the situation in a better way the he ever could .

"Look. This is my daughter we are talking about and her safety is threatened every second she's around that asshole! She had NO ONE in that damn how to protect her. They had DRUGS in that house are you really going to let my 16 year old daughter go back into a house filled with drugs! Or should I call the state trooper out here to handle this situation my damn self because I know my daughter does not do drugs and a drug test will prove it, so please let me call the trooper out her ,  I will be more than happy to make that call!" Sam spat out, pulling his cellphone out of his pocket in a threatening way .

Sam was the type to never cuss, to never raise his voice unless he was behind mad or being threatened, and in this case he was both. He could feel his blood boiling at the cop standing before him and only flared at him with hatred in his eyes .

The cop checked his watch and knew the state trooper wouldn't be happy to come out at this hour and shook his head no while waving his hand down.

"I'll contact the judge on the morning and have her grant your temporary custody until we see him through his court date if he isn't bailed out by morning. Take it easy" The Officer said while turning around and quickly getting in his cruiser, not wanting anymore arguments with the man.

"Dang dad. You probably scared him half to death" Lilly said looking at her dad as his chest bobbed up as down, with him trying to control his temper .
Sam looked at his daughter and pushed the thought of his inner wolf away and took her under his arm, pressing a gentle kiss to the side of her head.

"It was well deserved. Come on, I think we deserve a celebration" Sam said with a small smile eyeing Paul who was glad the cop had finally agreed to let her stay.

Lilly for a small moment felt glad she was staying but she knew she couldn't stay forever with just temporary custody, and she would in fact have to go back soon enough, and she didn't know what to expect when she did go back .
Just a month ago her life was perfect, she had grown closer to Paul, she had her dad and friends in her life, her mom was happy and content but it all changed in the blink of an eye and it made Lilly realize just how lucky she was to have the pack on her side, and Paul who had been there to console her when she broke down .

She grabbed Paul's hand, surprising him, and held it tight as Sam led them in the house .

"Alright Em, we're going to celebrate tonight, we've got temporary custody" Sam said watching Emily as her eyes lit up and she jumped in his arms throwing her arms around his neck as he spun her around.
Lilly laughed and looked at Paul with loving eyes and he stared back, wondering why his imprint suddenly seemed to be showing more affection towards him.

He only hoped she would be there to stay for a long time, and they would get a chance to give dating a shot.
He squeezes her hand which was still placed in his and brought it up, giving it a gentle kiss before letting it rest in his comfortably.