Grocery store friends

Lilly left her mom to unpack and decorate the house some more and headed out to the grocery store, one thing about La-Push, it was so small that there was only one grocery store in town and luckily for Lilly it wasn't that far from her house .

Stepping out of her moms car she grabbed her purse and locked the doors behind her as she made her way to the doors .
"Welcome to Clearwater's groceries, if you need any help let me know" a older woman said from the register. Lilly smiled in response and grabbed a shopping cart while pulling out her moms list .
Hamburger meat
Chicken
Pork chops
Macaroni
Mashed potatoes
Green beans
Corn
Carrots
Lettuce
Bananas
Apples
Strawberries
Bread
Peanut butter
Oreos
Milk
Cokes
Water bottles
Chips
Get any snacks you want to snack on while I'm out late, thank you so much Lilly .

Lilly read over the grocery list and smiled, her mom never failed to make her smile .
Lilly walked around the store picking up the items and placing them into the buggy happy to help her mom out, she was almost finished and was crossing off the list when she ran into another shopping cart with hers .
"Oh my gosh I'm so sorry. I wasn't looking . I'm so sorry" Lilly said while blushing at her clumbsy ways .
"It's okay sweetie, no harm done. You look new to town. What's your name?" A beautiful woman with brown hair and brown eyes asked.

Lilly noticed three large claw marks down the side of her face but only held eye contact, not wanting to seem rude by staring at them .
"I'm Lilly, I'm new here, well me and my mom" Lilly said smiling at the woman .
"I'm emily, it's nice to meet you. We rarely get new people in town, and always so nice when we do. This is my fiancé Sam" Emily looked behind her and only rolled her eyes
"where did he run off to?" Emily said while looking around her down the aisles .
"Sam?!" Emily called out.

Lilly noticed a man walk out with Oreos and marshmallow fluff before tossing them in the buggy and smiling at the young woman she had just met.
"Yes?" He asked, still not noticing Lilly.
"This is Lilly, she is new here! Isn't that exciting!" Emily said with a large grin.
Sam turned to Lilly and felt the blood flow from his face. Those eyes, those same green eyes his ex girlfriend Kim had surprises him.
"What did you say your name is?" He asked, surprised at the eye color the young girl had.
"I'm Lilly. Yea I'm the shiny new toy I guess" Lilly said laughing at her joke, happy when Emily laughed with her.

"Just you?" Sam asked, not even caring to laugh along with the joke.
He noticed her confusion and her stiff posture, before he glanced down in the cart and saw Oreos and marshmallow fluff, the same thing he always ate late at night when he couldn't sleep.
"Me and my mom" Lilly said a little afraid and surprised at the mans aggressiveness in his tone.
"I uhh.. I think I used to know your mom. I didn't know she had a kid" he said, it was true.
Him and Kim had dated two years before she up and left without even saying a word to him.

"My mom is Kim. Kim maze, yea she had me young, she was 16, she said she moved after I was born." Lilly said a little embarrassed she was a teenage pregnancy's daughter.
"How old are you?" He asked, too afraid that the girl standing in front of him might be his daughter, especially at the man multiple times him and Kim were intimate right before she had moved.
"I'm 16, moms 32" Lilly said smiling.
Sam nodded his head and looked at the young girl, she had her moms eyes, but nothing else was showing her mother. He had been the same age as Kim, and was now 32 himself.
He looked over her quickly, her hair was the same shade brown like his own, her skin showed a natural tan, like his own, and her taste in snacks had really scared him.

"Well it was very nice to meet you, please tell your mom I said hello. My names sam, Sam uley" Sam said while holding his hand out.
Lilly smiled and shook his hand before seeing a small freckle on the inner side of his pinky.
"Hey look, I have a freckle there too!" Lilly said while showing Sam the same freckle in the same spot on her hand.
He forced a laugh before Lilly excused herself and finished her grocery shopping, happy to have made atleast 1 new friend in town.

"Sam? What's wrong?" Emily asked, taking his bicep and turning her towards him.
"Emily..what if I told you I had a relationship with her mom before I met you?" Sam asked, afraid of what Emily would think.
"Well sweetie it was before me, that's okay" she said while taking his hand.
"What if I said her mom moved when she was 16, out of la Push when she was still dating me, she just stopped contacting me one day, what if..." Sam was too afraid to say the words he was thinking
"I don't understand Sam." Emily said, while pushing the shopping cart through the store.
"I think she's mine.." Sam whispered, surprised when Emily turned around with wide eyes and her hand over her mouth.

"What?! Sam what did you just say?" Emily asked, tears threatening to escape.
"I think she's mine Emily. Kim and I, we were so young, we were just kids, she left without even sayin anything to me, I had no idea she was even pregnant, she never told me, maybe she's not mine, maybe kim cheated on me, I don't know but Emily. She was pregnant when she left I just didn't know it." Sam said, wishing for once he would have never came to the store with his imprint.
Emily was at loss for words and turned around to finish up her grocery shopping, glancing at Lilly who was grabbing a bucket of cookie dough ice cream, Sam's favorite kind, before smiling softly and leaving the store.

Emily was surprised by the statement Sam had made, but the more she looked at Lilly she couldn't help but notice the similarities. She wouldn't hate the child for being Sam's if she was, but she wouldn't be too happy if Lilly had been kept from her father all these years and she decided that together her and Sam would figure this mess out.