Tomorrow comes before you know it.

As Lilly exited the card she noticed how Paul quickly made his way inside, not his typical and looked at Emily with a confused look.
Emily smiled though her eyes showed something else and walked with Lilly to the porch .
"Your dad should be here soon. He's been dealing with a lot" Emily said as she made her way over to the kitchen .
"What do you mean?" Lilly asked, scanning the room for Paul only to find him engrossed in tv.
"Oh just court stuff. He'll explain it all when he gets here I'm sure" Emily said.

Lilly nodded and joined Paul on the couch leaving Emily to cook dinner like she always had around this time.
Lilly snuck a look at Paul and was upset when he didn't even look her way.
She didn't see why he would be upset since he had been happy when she came back.

"Are you okay?" Lilly asked, still looking at pail sho seemed to be tense at the sound of her voice.
"I'm great Lilly. Are YOU okay?" Paul asked with no expression, causing Lilly to frown and sink back sink back into the couch further .
"Yea..I guess" Lilly said in a quiet voice.
"Good. Glad we got that out of the way" Paul said with bitterness lacing his words .

Lilly looked at him with a mix of anger and confusing and inched closer to paul, hoping to calm him down with whatever was bothering him.
"Got what out of the way? Why are you being so rude?" Lilly asked, while throwing her hands up in the air, getting annoyed with his sudden mood swing .
"You think this is rude? Hah! Your funny" Paul said chuckling a dry harsh laugh with his brown eyes fuming with anger .

"And your nothing but a complete dick." Lilly said through gritted teeth,  getting off the couch and storming into the kitchen where Emily was slicing up potatoes.
"Everything okay?" Emily asked.
"Yea everything's good" Lilly said, not really wanting to talk to Emily about boy problems .

"Well while your in here why don't you help me cut up these potatoes hmm?" Emily's asked while handing a knife to Lilly.
"I can do that" Lilly said with a smile .

Lilly and Emily chopped the potatoes up while listening to some music and Lilly found herself happy to be in the house. She felt a little guilty for not checking more on her mom and Kyle but for once she felt like a true teenager. No drama, no problems and no responsibilities but that all changed when Sam walked through the door with an irritated look on his face .

"Uh oh" Emily said glancing at Lilly with a weak smile .
"Bad day dad?" Lilly asked cautiously.
Sam smiled at them both and shook his head, not wanting to ruin their brights spirits .
"We'll talk after dinner. Lilly how you feeling? You scared us half to death you know that" Sam said.
He gave Lilly a hug, lasting longer than their usual and squeezed her tightly while Lilly mumble she was feeling fine.
"I'm glad your okay." Sam said again.

"Sweetie how did it go?" Emily asked, more anxious as the time went by.
Sam walked to the counter and leaned against it, ready to break the news.
"Lilly's you need to testify. I am so close to getting full custody but they want to hear your side of the story to make sure this is the right decision" Sam said .

"When?" Lilly asked. She wasn't all that surprised that they wanted to hear her story, and she had grown tired of the ugly custody battle that had went on.
Sam eyes Lilly nervously and smiled softly.
"Tomorrow.." Sam said.

Lilly stopped chopping and looked at Sam with both eyebrows raised.
"Tomorrow?" Lilly questioned, not really knowing what she would say to the judge about the whole situation .
Sam nodded and looked at Emily who seemed to be just as shocked as Lilly.

"Well hey that's okay. Just tell the truth and they will decided what's best and it will all be over" Emily said with a reassuring smile.
Sam smiled at his imprint who always seemed to see the brighter side of things an looked at Lilly who seemed to be lost in thought as she continued to help Emily with dinner .

Lilly felt mixed emotions about the following day, as much as she loved staying at her dads and knew she would always be safe, she never wanted to be taken from her mom, despite everything she had been through with her .
So as they sat down to eat she found herself picking at her food and baffled when Sam cleared his throat to gain her attention .

"So what do you think?" Sam asked, looking at Lilly with confused she's as Emily smiled from beside him.
Lilly looked at Paul for help, but he rolled his eyes and shoved the food in his mouth leaving Lilly dumbfounded .
"About what?" Lilly asked earning a chuckle from Emily and a concerned look from Sam .
"About redoing the room...upstairs.. turning it into your room. Where you even listening?" Sam asked taking a bite out of his steak .

Lilly averted her eyes from his and looked back down and her picked apart plate .
"Yea id like that.." Lilly mumbled, not really knowing if her dad would be granted full custody or not .
"Do you even want to stay here because you sure as hell don't act like it" Paul said bitterly.

Lilly looked up with a shocked look and Sam threw him a warning glare .
"Hey that's enough of that" Sam said sternly .
"Why? I mean if she doesn't want to be here let her go back to the crack heads then." Paul said angrily not liking how Lilly didn't even seem to be excited .
"Don't talk about them like that! That's my mom you asshole!" Lilly said loudly reaching Paul's anger as it boiled up inside her .

"Mom or not she is what she is" Paul said not caring.
"And you are what you are" Lilly shot back no longer feeling the imprint bond as she had a few days ago.
"What the hell is that suppose to mean?" Paul said angrily .
"Hey hey, you two cut it out. Imprints don't act like that!" Sam said, not liking how heated the two were getting.
"I never asked to be imprinted on" Lilly said harshly while getting up and walking upstairs, wanting nothing more than to take a shower and go to bed .

Paul felt his anger, along with hurt, shoot up and quickly left, not wanting to come back, leaving Sam and Emily to eat their food in quiet both trying to figure out how to diffuse the situation.