Chapter 11

[Barry]

The sun was bright but the clouded sky permitted for a temperature that was just right. I was sitting on the wodden, shaded porch of a beach side cabin. The sea breeze kept me cool and blew the storm clouds closer to me. I looked out into the ocean and a figure imurged, it seemed to be coming closer. I took off my sunglasses to see better and was once again left speechless. The figure approaching was Iris. She had just come from a swim and the water bounced the sunlight off of her, giving her skin an extra glow. Her usually permed hair blew wild and curly in the gentle wind and I trained my eyes on to the patterns it created in the air so that my stare wouldn't stray.

Like I said I tried, after all I am still human and good Lord that woman is beautiful. Her dark yellow, strapless, one piece swim suit left very little to the imagination without revealing too much. I felt my face flush as I allowed my eyes to browse through every inch of her body, my mind a whirlwind of less than pure thoughts. The sun seemed to get closer with every step she took towards me and I felt my clothes begin to stick to me as I was slowly drowned in a thin layer of sweat. She was finally close enough for me to see her face and just when I thought she couldn't look any better, she smiled making my heart do an entire trapeze routine in my chest.

"You look wetter than I do." she laughed once she reached me and it was the cutest giggle ever uttered.

'Gosh I'm whipped' I thought to myself as she leaned over me and lightly tugged at the hem of my white, v-neck, shirt.

"What do you say I help you out of this?" she asked, her voice sounding dangerously flirtatious. I nodded, too dumbstruck to remember how to speak and her smile grew a few watts brighter. She pulled my shirt over my head then used it to mop up the rest of the sweat from my chest and abdomen. I noticed a glimmer of lust in her eyes as she travelled south and decided to have a little fun with her. I held her hands, stopping her mid dab and said.

"That's quite enough missy. I think I'm dry enough." she looked up at me and the lust transformed into mischief, just like that I knew I was in trouble.

"Oh really?" she said throwing my shirt to the side and straddling my lap.

"Well, in this heat we wouldn't want you to get dehydrated now would we?" she smiled while using her still damp hands to push my shoulders back on to the floor. Like a trained puppy my body willingly obliged and I layed down while I answered her question, trying to sound as smooth as ever.

"No, that would be really, really bad." She crawled her hands over my bare skin as she lowered her wet body onto mine. Using her perfectly manicured index finger, she pushed my chin up so that my eyes met hers.

"Well, let's see what we can do about that." she whispered, her breath caressing my lips before she took matters into her own hands...well lips and kissed me.

The sensation of her lips on mine lingered on as I used every ounce of energy I had to open my eyes. Iris was sitting on a chair in front of me with her head resting in her hands. Her shoulders shook and I could hear raspy sobs emanating from her direction.

"Iris?" I croaked and she looked up at me. Her red, tear filled eyes, widened in surprise before she rushed to my side.

"Barry..." she breathed out her eyes still crying but her lips turned up into a relieved smile. I reached my hand up to her cheek and she closed her eyes at my touch. She held my hand in place and smiled down at me.

"I thought I'd lost you." she whispered, sounding hurt. I felt something deep inside me shatter from the sight of her pain. She deserved to be happy and I decided then and there that she would be. No matter what it took out of me. I started by wiping a tear from her face and saying

"I'm here Iris. I'll always be here."