Badhti Nazdeekiyan

The next morning, Nandini woke up at 7:00 am and quickly took a shower and got dressed in this..

[Imagine her chooda and mehendi]

Then, she put on her mangal sutra and a thin line of sindoor on her middle partition and went to the living room. Daadi was awake while the rest were still sleeping.

Nandini: Good morning daadi.

She took her blessings.

Maheshwari: Good morning puttar! Teri aaj pehli rasoi hai, kuch meetha banaa le!

Nandini: Ji daadi.

Nandini went to the kitchen and made gobi parathas, with ghee for Nyonika and Cabir, some without ghee for Raj. She also made paneer frankies for Mukti, Cabir, and Manik. And for sweets, she made Rice Kheer, Vanilla Cake, and Gajar ka Halwa. All this was ready by 8:45 am, when everyone woke up, except Manik. Nandini went to her or 'their' bedroom to clean up, and she saw Manik sleeping like a log, on his stomach. She cleaned up in the bathroom and went to Manik's sleeping figure.

Nandini: Manik! Utho!

Manik: *no response*

She tapped his bare, muscular arm.

Nandini: Manik.. Wake up! Sab breakfast ke liye wait kar rahe hai.

Manik: 2 minute.

Nandini: Manik, uth jaao! (murmuring) Aiyappa!

Manik: Mom, sone deyo!

Nandini: Mom? Manik, I'm Nandini!

He turned his body and caught hold of her hand and pulled her towards him, now they were on top of each other. Manik looked at Nandini with his half-open eyes. They shared a cute eyelock which was disturbed, 2 minutes later, with Nandini saying.

Nandini: Breakfast is ready.

Manik let go of Nandini and she straightened herself. And Manik sat straight on the bed.

Manik: You go, i'll come in 15... (she was about to go) Nandini!

Nandini: Hmm?

Manik: You look nice!

She blushed.

Nandini: Thanks!

Nandini left, still blushing. Manik was also blushing, for a change. No doubts, from a corner of their heart they feel for each other.

***

Mukti: Nandu, this is damn tasty! I don't eat much, but I wanna eat everything.

Cabir: Chup bey, sab mera hai!

Nandu: Aur bhi milega, Cabir.

Raj: Nahi nahi.. Yeh mota ho jaayega, mein Ipshita ko kya kahunga?