Manik Malhotra

Nandini was in the library. Manik was also in the library.

"Aiyappa, yeh Veena kidhar hai?"

She was looking for the Veena, a classical music instrument.

"Where is the electric guitar?"

Manik was looking for the left handed electric guitar.

He spotted Nandini climbing the ladder for the Veena. Suddenly, Nandini fainted.. She couldn't maintain balance and Manik saved her from falling.. He took her to the infirmary.

" Doctor, is she fine?" Manik asked.

"She fainted due to weakness.. Looks like she hadn't eaten anything for more than 13 hours."

Manik went inside and scolded her..

"Wth! Can't you take care of yourself? You could have hit your head, when you fainted on the ladder!"

"No.. I'm sorry!" Nandini replied, weakly. "Can I have my bag?"

Manik passed her bag. Nandini's bag was open and a pen fell out. That pen was Nandini's dad's last memory.

"Hmm.. Nice pen." Manik murmured, he put it in his pocket, and left.

"Mera pen kidhar hai?" Nandini asked. "Appa!"

Fab 5:

"Guys.. Apna badla lene ka time aa gaya hai." Manik said. "Look at this pen.. It looks quite expensive, for Nandini.."

"Whoa! Mazaa aayega!" Cabir said.

Abhimanyu saw the pen. And realized which pen that is.

"Manik! Give me that pen, NOW!" Abhimanyu shouted.

"Why sir? What do you have to do with this pen!"

"Please Manik.. It is Nandini's Appa's pen.. It's extremely special for her." Abhimanyu said.

"How come you know so much about Nandini?" Manik asked.

"Because I have reasons!" Abhimanyu said. "Now give that pen back to me!"

"Oh.. So whom do you think is more important, Nandini or this pen? As Nandini is on the hospital bed, taking a dose of glucose. And this 'special' pen is with Manik! Decide Mr Abhimanyu!" Mukti said, with disgust.

Abhimanyu got a call.

"Buaji.. Nandini is on the hospital bed, aap jaldi se aa jaiyye!" Abhimanyu said.

Mukti was surprised.. Nandini's Chachi is Abhimanyu's bua..

"Han beta, mujhe college se phone aaya tha.. Mein pahaunchti hoon!" Chachi said.

Abhimanyu disconnected the call.

"Manik, I need that.. Nandini's Chacha and Chachi would be here anytime and.. Please Manik!" Abhimanyu said.

"What is happening here?" Nyonika shouted. She saw the pen and immediately recognized it as 'Vinay bhai's pen'. "Manik give me the pen!"

Manik never disobeyed his mother. But, this time he did.

"Abhimanyu.. Where is Nandini?" Nyonika asked.

"She is in the Infirmary." Abhimanyu replied.

Nyonika rushed to the infirmary. Manik was surprised seeing his mother more worried for Nandini than him.