Connections and Emotions

The painted musical wall of SPACE was exposed to a crying teenager, Nandini. Her appa's last memory... She had lost it, she couldn't even eat a morsel. Where did it go? How did it fall from her bag? These questions filled her mind and thinking of them made her cry even more. Manik was a witness to this. He wanted to take revenge from her. Anger filled his head and revenge took over sympathy. Nyonika's changed attitude towards Manik was killing him. Ugh. Who is she to make his mother get angry with him?

"Nandini ji, Nyonika ma'am aap ko office mein bulaa rahi hai." A peon delivered the news to her. She wiped her tears and stood up and headed towards Nyonika's office. Since the time Nandini came to SPACE, she felt a deep heart connection towards Nyonika, a motherly connection. Unknown to her that Nyonika was a motherly figure to Nandini 12 years ago, and still is. She used to call Fire's mother 'mom' and father as 'dad', just as he used to call Nandini's mother 'maa' and 'appa'. She entered Nyonika's office.

"Nandini... I saw you crying. What is the matter?" Nyonika asked. Her voice reminded Nandini of Mom.

"Mom..." Nandini whispered as her memories came across her. Nyonika's eyes were filled with tears. Her doll remembered her. "I'm sorry, i remembered my mom after listening to your voice." Nandini continued.

"It's okay doll.." Nyonika said without thinking.

"She used to call me doll.. Just as you said." Nandini replied. Nyonika realized what she just spoke. She wanted to hug her doll, her daughter. But no, she couldn't.. It is Nandu's birthday in a month and then only they can meet.

" Nandini, i know your pen is lost. But it is necessary to eat, for your health.."

Nandini looked down.

"You have to eat na.. Chalo bachha, let's go to the canteen. Then we both will look for vi- your appa's pen." Nyonika said.

Nyonika and Nandini went to the canteen.

"One plate dosa and sambar.." Nyonika ordered. Nandini's eyes lit up, Dosa and Sambar is her favourite.

"Ma'am, dosa and sambar is my favourite!" Nandini said. Nyonika smiled and thought 'I know bachha, I am your Mom!'

Nandini shared her Dosa and Sambar with Nyonika.

Fab 5 witnessed Nandini and Nyonika eating like best friends.

"Oh teri! Yeh kya hogaya??" Cabir shouted. "Aunty aur Nandini acche dost ban gaye!"

"Someone pinch me!" Alya said.

"OMG!" Dhruv exclaimed.

"Mom?" Manik said.

"Hayye!" Mukti exclaimed.

"Manik, I am very sorry for you!" Cabir said.

Nyonika's eyes turned to Manik. And angrily..

"Manik!" Nyonika shouted. "Return that pen to Nandini."

Manik threw that pen on the ground. The pen was split into pieces. Nandini ran to the pen and picked up all pieces while crying. Her tears were not willing to stop.

"Oh... Mehenga pen toot ke choor choor ho gaya.. Tch Tch Tch Tch Tch." Manik said.

Nandini stood up and went towards Manik, tears running through her eyes, down her cheek. Manik took a 2000 rupee note and handed it to Nandini.

"Iss ke liye thoda zyada hai, but keep the change." Manik said.

Nandini's face was red with anger.

"MANIK MALHOTRA! Tumhe kya lagta hai ki yeh paise iss pen ki mayne se badh kar hai?" Nandini shouted.

"Toh tumhe aur paise chahiye?" Manik asked.

Nandini began to cry even more and shouted.

"Nahi! Yeh mere appa ka last memory hai..." Nandini cried like hell.

Navya rushed to her and consoled her. Nyonika was speechless. Her son and daughter were fighting, in front of the whole college.

"Shut up! What do you think, I care? No I don't care!" Manik said and left. From outside, he showed he didn't care but from inside, he was feeling extremely guilty.

Before he left, Nandini went to him and SLAP! ...

She slapped him. She slapped him so hard that blood trickled down his lip.

"How dare you!" Manik shouted.

Manik saw Nandini's tears, non stop, flowing. He walked away. But before that, he was stopped by her..

"Manik Malhotra, you better mark my words.. YOU WILL REGRET DOING THIS!" Nandini said. And went back to pick up the broken pieces of the pen.