Mission 35: Home

Author's POV

"Sabrina! You're already going away?" A small princess came running as Elizabeth and Meliodas were standing by the palace gate, still in their disguise.

"I am very sorry your highness, but yes, I have to go..."

"It's only been 2 weeks since that accident! Are you alright?"

"Yes, I should be alright your highness. Doctor Damian had treated me well," Elizabeth replied as she crouched down. Her back is less painful now, but it still has some permanent damage that needs to be removed by doing an operation, which Elizabeth actually dreaded.

"Have you brought the ointment I have prepared miss Sabrina?" Damian, the doctor asked as he came to bid them goodbye.

"Ah! I forgot! Where did I put it?!" Elizabeth exclaimed as she freaked out.

"I've packed it inside! Don't worry about it," Meliodas exclaimed as he loaded her things on his motorbike.

"Oh! Thank you Mel!" Elizabeth chirped actively.

"Sabrina... You should be more careful for your own good," William, the older butler said in worry. He will no longer able to watch over her and it made him restless.

"She's going to be okay sir, I'll take care of her," Meliodas replied as he snaked his arm around her waist which she ignored right away.

"You better do," the old butler said with a smile.

"Oh my! Sabrina! Here! Take this with you!" Ann, the old maid spoke as she came closer with a beautiful knitted yellow scarf in her hand.

"Thank you Ann!" Elizabeth answered cheerfully. She wanted to decline politely but, it'll be out of Sabrina's character.

"I'll treasure it! I'll wear it all day and all night!" Elizabeth exclaimed before hugging the older maid.

"Be careful out there sweetie," Ann said before she whispered to Elizabeth's ear.

"When you have a child with that boy, call me! I'll be there in a flash!"

The old maid's statement made Elizabeth blushed deep red.

"Ann!!" Elizabeth exclaimed as she covered her face with both of her hand. Seeing Elizabeth's antics everyone laughed, Meliodas included. It was a small farewell party but it was enough for her.

"Hey boy! Be gentle with her! I'll kill you if you hurt her!" Ann threatened Meliodas.

"I can't promise you that," Meliodas replied before giving out his usual weird laugh. Elizabeth's recovery is going great. Even when her spine is getting better, she was warned to not lift heavy things or do too many things that could strain her back. The King and Queen actually insisted them to stay longer, but after making up a story that her mom wanted to see her, the King and Queen reluctantly let her go together with Meliodas.

"Just don't hurt her too much on her first time," Ann said teasingly. At this, both Elizabeth and Meliodas blushed.

"Ann!!" Elizabeth exclaimed once more hiding her blushing face.

"You shouldn't mention that in front of children!" Meliodas exclaimed as he looked away trying to hide his red cheeks.

"Hey! I'm not a child!" The princess exclaimed with a pout.

"And you had just proven you are one," Meliodas teased with a grin.

"You're no fair!" The princess pouted.

"Mel, you shouldn't tease her like that," Elizabeth said with a giggle before coming closer to the princess.

"So, what do you want me to do to him, your highness?" Elizabeth asked the princess in a sneaky manner that the princess soon caught.