Mission 24: 7 Deadly Sins

Meliodas' POV

"...tain..."

"...ptain..."

"Cap....in..."

"W... up..."

I slowly opened up my eyes and saw Merlin. I'm still tired but I have to wake up.

"Ah... Yo!" I greeted as I rubbed my eyes.

"Elizabeth asked me to wake you up," she said before she stood up.

"Be right there," I replied as I forced myself awake. Sitting on my bed, I took my discarded shirt and put it on.

"I've brought your things here, you can change," she said to me.

"I can't stay here!" I exclaimed.

"Well, you can take either the chance to stay hidden or risk yourself getting caught," she told me with her hand crossed.

"Damn you Merlin..." I whispered before I got out of my bed and went to the kitchen with Merlin following behind me.

"Morning Mel," Gelda greeted.

"Morning, where's Liz?"

"And here you are searching for her first thing in the morning," Hawk said as he entered the room, with a bowl of soup on his hand. I saw him rolled his eyes at me.

Hey! What's wrong with wanting to see my beloved first thing in the morning? Too bad she's not mine... Yet...

"You don't have to be so harsh on him Hawk," I heard Elizabeth said as she entered the room. She looked great in her clothes. A pink tank top and blue short jeans, especially with her hair up.

She's perfect.

"I still can't forgive him from hurting you though," I heard him whimper under his breath.

I know, I haven't forgiven myself either. I just can't.

"Hawk! Forgive him already!" Elizabeth exclaimed.

She really is too kind for her own good.

"No! I won't! He almost killed you! And you're the only one I have left!" Hawk shouted before he went out of the place.

"Well, that was intense," Merlin said as she sat down on one of the chairs. I sat between her and Gelda with Elizabeth sitting across me.

"Don't force him to forgive me Liz, I deserve that," I answered. It wasn't his fault. If I was in his shoes, I too, would've hated myself.

"It's fine. Everyone deserves a second chance. I'll go talk to him for a bit. Feel free to start eating," she said before she left the dining room and now, I felt bad.

"Must be hard being you Captain," Merlin stated before she drank her water.

"Well, it must have been," Gelda said agreeing with her.

"I bet Elizabeth is able to cope with these situations better than me," I told them. She just knows her way with people. She can make a person feel secure to tell her everything. Even myself. I think she'll be a great mother. And I hope, I'm lucky enough to be her husband...

But it is probably just a vain dream...

"We're back!" I heard her cheery voice.

Her voice is just so angelic.

"Welcome back," I greeted with my usual grin.

"You guys shouldn't have waited for us," she said as she took a seat across me, while Hawk sat across Gelda.