Mission 15: The Demon Escaped

Author's POV

It was an eerie night, nothing could be heard except the sound of the owl. The sound was so eerie that you can feel yourself shivering just at the sound of it, but the sight hidden behind the darkness could make you shiver harder than ever...

Scream could be heard everywhere. It was chaotic and in the center of it all, stood the demon of death. Meliodas. The lover of death itself.

The mansion was in chaos, but no one was able to go out, for almost every one of the ten commandments, except Zeldris who's still recovering from his wounds, were all present. Every communication was cut off, every exit was guarded, there's no place to run to, except death.

He ruthlessly killed each and everyone present and left no witness alive. Even children. As heartless as the scene seems, his heart was breaking with every murder he did, but he can't go back. He can't let his father kill Zeldris and Estarossa.

He killed everyone present in that mansion. Just like how his father taught him. That is what he believes. The strong shall remain and the weak shall die. He will be strong enough to protect his brothers, no matter what it will cost.

"Love, we're done here, let's go," Melascula, the commandment of Faith as she tapped Meliodas's shoulder. Meliodas' eyes are dull. Not the bright eye it usually is. Something in him had snapped after what happened to Zeldris, and now, he is as ruthless as he had ever been.

"Get your filthy hand off of me," Meliodas growled. Melascula quickly retracted her hand. This Meliodas, is the demon Meliodas. At least, that's what the other commandments called his current personality. When he's cold to everyone and will threaten to kill anyone who bothered him.

He went to his motorbike and drove off before the other commandments to their next job.

Once he arrived, there will be nothing but havoc the moment he stepped inside.

After disabling every form of communication available, cutting the wire, jamming the signal, preparing everything, he took out his gun and slammed the door open, destroying the lock in the process. He started his headhunting. He shot every human head he saw and no one can escape his grasp. The mansion was full of chaos. Scream could be heard and blood was scattered everywhere.

Not enough, not enough.

He continued to shoot everyone through their head. He was mad at himself, for using real humans as living targets, but he also has to do it to protect his brothers. All he did when he shot all of them was thinking, his shooting skill will never win against his father. No matter how crazy it is, he wanted to kill his father as fast as possible, to free himself and his brothers from this ugly and heartless lifestyle.

Within his rampage, he didn't realize someone creeping up on him from the back. As the person came nearer, Drole attacked the man and even after all that, Meliodas was still within his rampage, not realizing his surrounding. The commandments had arrived not long after Meliodas came but they didn't bother helping Meliodas, because they knew how he was, they only need to take care of the escapees if there's any, but no there weren't any this time. Except the one Drole murdered at least. After rampaging for at least 10 minutes, there's no breathing could be heard except for his own.

"Damn it," he thought as he went out. His mission is finished for today, so he drove back to the headquarter, changed his clothes, removed his dye and contact lenses, reported the mission, then he went back to his apartment. Everyone knew not to mess with him when he's in his so called 'demon' mode, as what the commandments call him. So they all knew to just receive everything Meliodas said without asking much further detail. Knowing, the commandments will clear up the statement Meliodas gave.