Ouch

~~~~~~~~~~Arbor~~~~~~~~~~

I slowly came to, a high-pitched voice wailing into my poor, sensitive ears. Cracking one eyelid open, I noted the blurriness of my surroundings, there seemed to be a few shapes hovering around me, and the voices were coming in and out. I just couldn't focus, it felt like I had wads of cotton shoved into my brain.

I gasped and re-clenched my eyes shut as the headache hit me full blast, pinning me to the ground with the intense pain, oh my god I couldn't even hear my own thoughts, only this dreadful ringing. It felt like a giant was smashing my head over and over with a hammer, like I was his godly anvil, and I had never felt pain this intense before in my life, I had never even broken a bone!

"Oh my... we broke him... out again... he's bleeding!" I caught a few snippets and words from above me, ringing in circles around my head. I wondered if it had split clean down the center? It sure felt like it. Oh no I was probably missing my German test right now; regular kids didn't just miss their German tests!

Pushing through the pain, I tried to maneuver my arms beneath myself, but only managed to flip over on my side, quickly collapsing straight back onto my face and groaning in pain. Great, now I probably had a broken nose, too.

I laid there for another minute, tuning out the voices around me and trying to get my bearings. What exactly had run out in front of me? How did any of this happen? Who were these people??

I tried to get up again, pushing against the ground with the hands I could barely feel. It was almost like I couldn't fully control my body, everything was still foggy.

"Jesus, kid," I heard a gruff voice to my right, a contrast to the high pitched one from before.

"Hmmfhgh," I grumbled in return, still not quite able to form words.

At least my hearing was starting to come back.

"I can't deal with this dumb kid, I'm gonna give him the shot."

"No, don't give him the-"

I felt a sharp prick in my upper leg, and I jerked up, snapping my eyes open and letting out an unmanly scream. I really didn't like needles.

"Hey wha thh-" I slurred out, trying to understand what I was seeing. It just didn't make sense. I was probably dreaming, I reasoned to myself. There just couldn't be a tiny dwarf man with a vibrant red beard and a buff girl in a princess gown sitting on either side of me. It just, stuff like this didn't happen to people like me. I went to school, went home, did chores, fed the ca-

A shot of wooziness hit me full on, and I once again lost control of my body and fell backwards. The last things I noticed were the elaborate tattoos on the girl's body, colorful images I couldn't quite make out running up and down her arms, across her chest, and even sprawled across her heavily muscled legs, down to her pretty pink heels. Were they- were they moving?

It was definitely a dream.