CH. 1 Where It All Begins

Start from the beginning

West looked at me with a glare and pushed me off harshly.

He was mad. Horribly enraged to the point of no return.

I hummed a response to Lance, knowing what was to come.

"Do you know how much troub-" Lance was cut off by Chase blurting out what was on his mind,

"I can't believe you fucking did this Violet. You had the potential to blow our cover, why were you even out there?!" Chase hissed, his words rumbling out.

Flynn decided to add on, "Ya, you know better! You should've thought about the outcome! And I think everyone in this fucking car would like to know why were you out there. You weren't with any of us, just out there, on your own, for God knows why— leaving us to find you at the brink of getting arrested! Do you know how embarrassing that is to our whole family's reputation!? Idiota! I'm ashamed and I'm sure everyone else in this car is too," Flynn snarled as the rest of my brothers mumbled in agreement.

I shut my mouth and balled my fists.

That hurt coming from Flynn.

But, I didn't mind Chase, because I knew he'd react like this.

He's always been the most overprotective; and I knew doing this was extremely risky, let alone how bad it could end up being.

Unfortunately, my actions in the eyes of my brothers were unforgettably idolized. And I didn't really think I'd get caught...

Very, very, stupid.

A pang of guilt washed over me, but I didn't feel completely guilty.

After all, I still got the money and didn't lose the gun; which were their instructions in the first place.

The only problem being is I hadn't really planned out further than actually retrieving the money, and dare I say, no further than how I was going to get the money to them— Los oscuros; my new gang.

I was silent until Kade spoke up. He clearly paid not mind in noticing my already hurt feelings, saying something I never wanted to hear, "You know we are going to have to tell Lucas, right?"

Kade has always been the bluntest sibling. Getting straight to the point, and most of all, loved getting me into trouble.

My head shot up at this, "You're fucking kidding, right?" I asked in a rush.

Lucas was the oldest out of us. Strongest, toughest, fastest, and all around leader of the Hansen bunch.

He left us three years back to invest his life as a criminal at the top of the "food chain". He is not only ours, but the rest of the criminal-worlds superior.

Criminals across the grid track his every perfect move; trying to learn new moves and techniques from him.

But, little did my family know that, I too, was straying from our legacy and into a new one. Even more powerful than they could ever imagine.

Kade scoffed a laugh, "You think I'm joking?" He said humorlessly, "It's out of my hands, sorellina," Kade replied, tangling his hands in his mess of blonde locks.

"He's not coming back, you fucking idiot!" I yelled in an appalled laugh, "He left us and yet you guys still think he's coming back?" I asked in disbelief of how naive Kade was being.

Kade shook his head slightly, his lips pressed into a thin line, his eyes storming in an emotion I couldn't seem to depict.

I narrowed my eyes now, "Do you see a problem here?" I scoffed, "I'm fucking fine. I'm already away from the crime scene and safe! There's literally no reason to contact that hermano celestial! He doesn't care about us anymore— if you couldn't tell," I snapped, and as soon as I did, I regretted it.