21

I walked up to the window and unlatched the bottom, stepping over the sill onto the shaky fire escape. The sun rose above the skyscrapers, and the city was already bustling.

It gave me a strange sense of homesickness in my stomach. I didn't belong here. Back home, buildings were mansions, houses were cottages, not towering constructions where people were shoved into tiny apartments.

Everyone here is so terrified as well, it's fun when I go out to hunt but... I miss my friends.

I can't make friends here, everyone is so scared of me, sell me out even. Back home, I could've made a human partner, maybe even watch he or she grow old, turn them into a vampire like me or left them as is. I can't do that here. I have Kami... had actually, but she was taken from me because she was with me.

My body shook with anger, grief, maybe even sadness.

I wish I wasn't such a goddamn disappointment.

'You know what, I'm going to stop being such a vampire. I'm going to decorate this room as a normal human would, I'm going to find Kami's family and take them to her grave, I'm going to find Suru and apologise to him.' I leaned on the edge of the balcony and breathed in the fresh air, purpose filling me to the brim.

'I still have to use my powers to actually get supplies though...' I shrugged. It's a start, baby steps I swear.

I then realised I can't go in public wearing the destroyed t-shirt and leggings I had underneath my coat. 'Ok, ok, first things first, I'm going to get money, then I'm going to get clothes,' I take off what was left of my disguise. 'Maybe get this repaired too...'

I go back into the room and walk over to the desk, thankfully it had a notepad and some pencils on the table I could use. I jotted down the rest of my tasks and ripped the page off, shoving it into the back pocket of my leggings.

Going back onto the balcony, I took a moment to locate the nearest money machine and then slid over the rail, dropping down more than forty stories into a back alley.

I then blinked to the general area of the machine I saw, buried in a wall. It had a bright screen and a dozen different cameras surrounding it. I hid behind a corner and watched a woman take a card out of her pocket, put it in the machine slot and then type a few numbers before money spat out.

I watched this again and again before I realised the numbers they typed in were some kind of password.

I waited until the next person came, a boy, no older than me put his card in. "334921" those were the numbers he typed. He then pressed the screen a couple of times and then fed in money. Then he took his card out.

I quickly miraged my face to look like a young girl with blonde hair and green eyes, keeping the radiant beauty that all purebloods and walked out.

I watch as he comes towards me, now my chance. I bump shoulders with him and slyly take the card from his hand. 'Oh my, I'm so sorry!' He looked up at me and I saw his cheeks redden. 'I'm so sorry, are you okay?'

'Yeah I'm- uh I'm good,' he hid his face behind his coat collar. I forced a giggle out of me.

'Well that's okay then, see you around.' He quickly walked off and my sweet smile turned to a sadistic one as I took his card out of my back pocket.

I then walked away from the eye of the cameras and blinked onto the top of a city building near the Shinjuku crossing. I then watched the street until the lights changed and blinked into the crowd.

I went into the closest clothing store I could find. I got stared at a fair bit as I picked up random clothes, fair enough. I got to the counter and used the card that I "borrowed" and paid for all the clothes.