xxix

[ double update since i missed a week's update <3 ]

[ CHAPTER 29 ]
ex's

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

WHAT irked taehyung more than anything was that he truly had no right to stay mad at the young raven-haired man. jeongguk wasn't entitled to reciprocate his feelings and he didn't have any power over him for that.

feelings came and feelings fled. and not one soul could ring a leash across its rose flushed body.

so dismissing the man's bemused texts and calls weren't right despite how many tears he shed or curses he spat. who was taehyung to demand the younger for heart-eyes and honey-slicked lips.

but what hurts, even more, was not jeongguk's little feelings harboured towards him but rather the reason for that. 'loud and annoying'. was he? did he utter his opinions a tad louder than he'd vouched for and unknowingly ticked off the ceo at his side? and did he quarrel with him to the point the man wished for nothing but his disappearance?

God, was he truly such a burden to heave around?

"what do you want tae?" a light voice seeps across his clouded thoughts and he's momentarily ripped from the hell of toxic-lathered words as he blinks down at his rose-haired friend.

to make matters worse, seokjin had rounded his litter of roped puppies the very next week for dinner at his restaurant after peering at the calendar and realising that they hadn't met up in nearly a month which was utterly horrific - although taehyung inwardly supposes that his profit's had been reaching an all-time low after the increasing drop of sighing customers from his bland puns -. and now, he sits opposite the man he'd cursed in his mind for days on end, ankles locked tight behind him to refrain an accidental touch.

"um," taehyung murmurs, thumbing the laminated sheets before him as his eyes skim across the menu, "i dunno..maybe-"

lips thinning, jimin slips his fingers into his own, squeezing lightly as he speaks, eyes flitting up to seokjin's awaiting notepad, "he'll have what i'm having."

"okay," seokjin quips, tucking his pen into his pocket, "but seriously guys, you're all so boring. can't you order anything but japchae?"

rolling his eyes, yoongi prods the eldest's ankle lightly with his foot before slumping back in his seat, eyes fluttering closed, "just shut up and go, cook, i'm starving."

"watch me spit in your coke min," he snaps back before spinning on his toes and striding into the kitchen with an offended huff.

giggling, jimin awaits for the group to submerge into their mindless chatter once again before turning his attention back to his ashen-haired friend, brows furrowed in concern.

"who do i gotta swing at ?" he hisses, prodding the younger's thigh lightly.

"huh?"

rolling his eyes, he frowns, "cut the bs, i can see that you're bummed out about something."

"it's nothing," taehyung sighs, gently removing his friend's palm from his thigh, "i'm just tired."