ix

[ CHAPTER 18 ]
saturday nights

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

JEONGGUK regrets ever offering to drive taehyung home. it had taken a good half an hour to stuff the said male into the front seat and then convince him to click on his seatbelt, the man claiming that he was going to die regardless, kudos to his supposed terrible sleigh maneuvering.

once they had however finally swerved onto the streets, taehyung had fussed over the radio, constantly changing the station until jeongguk had reached over and turned the entire radio off before hastily switching it back on when he spotted the familiar gloss across the elder's eyes.

by the time they had arrived at jeongguk's home, which was unsurprisingly a great, pearl mansion shrouded with neatly clipped bushes perched across meticulously arrayed coloured pebbles, illuminated pot plants propped at the front of two great pillars framing a fawn, two-doored entrance carved with intricate details. the front of the house is cut off midway, portraying an equally sophisticated front garden, various plants adorning the perimeter of a gurgling fountain, a robed statue admits the middle of it all.

it's all so grand, so meticulously arranged that taehyung who had been previously enraged with the visible repulse upon the other's expression when saturday nights had strung the interior of the car, momentarily ceased his bitter cursing to gape in awe at the extravagant sight before him.

"it's beautiful." he murmurs.

"is it?" jeongguk asks indifferently, casting a fleeting glance at his residence as he taps the key to the automatic opening for the great, dark-winged gates to shudder close behind him.

"mhm," taehyung nods, "must've cost a lot."

"eh, a bit i guess."

at this, he scowls, scoffing, "oh, my apologise, i forgot how much of rich snob you were."

"just get out of the car." jeongguk sighs, too exhausted to delve into yet another one of their brawls.

pursing his lips, taehyung abides, fingers curling around the handle of the night black mercedes-benz cla 250, the sight infuriating him even further as he trails behind the other, feigning boredom as he eyes the design of the house, or a mansion if he were to say.

maybe it was the grand impression the mansion gives off that has taehyung considering what exactly jeongguk had done in his past life to swim in this sea of endless money, that sobers him up in the slightest as he stumbles across the driveway.

the interior is, if possible even more mesmerising than the exterior, silk curtains draped over the many glass windows propped at its walls, tiles sweeping across the floor, halting at the heel of a curved stairway, dark handles framing its lips as it winds upstairs, robed with plush, crimson fabric. a light chandelier drapes to the floor, encased with coloured rubies of periwinkle blue to sun-kissed gold.

"likey?" jeongguk smirks as he catches the fleeting expression of star-struck awe upon the elder's features, "the architect was a bitch but he did good, surprisingly."

"good?!" taehyung scoffs, "this is unreal!"

laughing softly at the other's expression, jeongguk continues on, fingers curling around his wrist to tug him along, "you'll love your room then."

"i have a room for myself?"

smirking, jeongguk raises an eyebrow as his voice slips a few octaves, "my bed's always welcome-"

"oh my God, stop." he grimaces, swatting at the younger's bicep, "what the hell goes on up there?"

"wouldn't you like to know."