xvi

[collarbones, lowkey a kink and that lil mole under his nose. an aesthetic king ]

[ CHAPTER 16 ]
debts

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

WHAT taehyung feels for a certain brown-haired, down-right gorgeous male is rather confusing. sure, hyungsik successfully had him melting in a pile of stammering, cherry cheeks but he doesn't feel wholeheartedly ecstatic when the man offers a following meet up later on, instead smiling politely and scribbling down his number.

but he's given little time to mull over his love life for the moment he steps into the tiled floor of his apartment, his phone blares loudly, thumping against his thigh.

"hello?" he mutters, stashing his keys into his pocket all the while greeting an elated yeontan who kicks and yips, teeth tugging at the hem of his pants.

"hi, is this a good time to talk or.." an unknown man asks, words trailing to a stuttering halt.

"huh-yeah, yeah. go ahead." taehyung insists, setting his belongings down on the coffee table before him.

"right." the man continues, the distant sound of stacked paper audible, "i'm calling from 9 lives - kim's rescue foundation, you dropped misun, a golden labrador retriever here a few weeks ago, yes?"

"yeah." taehyung says, unconsciously nodding as he straightens up, tense, "is there anything wrong? she okay?"

"she's fine, peppy as ever. but it's been over a month now and no one's been interested. our positions are running out so we may have to consider other options.."

"you want to get rid of her?" he snarls, fingers clenching into tight fists at his sides, "your job is to give these animals a place to live, i don't care if you don't have the space, find it."

"look sir i understand where your coming from-"

"no, you don't. that dog, went through hell and back. her home was a fucking garbage bin, she was skin and bones and got the end of someone's shitty life and still she continued to be the happy dog she is, don't tell me that you understand, you don't."

"of course, we'll add two weeks to her stay but-"

"someone will take her in." he snaps hotly, "if you can't do your job right, i will."

and before the man is given the opportunity to slip in a final apology or offer, he stamps a thumb against the crimson icon, phone stuffed into the pocket of his jeans.

─── ·𖥸· ───

when taehyung had said that he would find a home for the adorable labrador, he truly meant each and every single word, for the very next morning which conveniently happened to be a weekend, he shrugs on a fawn coat, slinging a cream scarf across his neck before stalking out of his apartment, phone pressed to his ear.

"pick up, pick up." he murmurs, slotting his keys into the lips of his car, slinging a leg into the leather of the seat.

although he isn't entirely surprised that the call zips to voicemail, the monotone voice of the man he slightly despised echoing across the interior of the vehicle, taehyung purses his lips, fingers tightening against the steering wheel.