[ CHAPTER 2 ]
one word and you're dead

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

THE following days aren't as strange as that fateful cold night. taehyung had dropped the adorable, but severely malnourished labrador at a forever home rescue foundation the very next morning, pressing a chaste kiss to the female's paw to which he was returned with a slobbery kiss to his cheek before he had left her with a bob-haired lady who had pestered him with the offer of tea and biscuits.

he had yet to tell any of his friends of what could be interpreted as his heroic or plain idiotic actions to have stalked down the alleyway during the dead of the night to rescue an animal. in fact, taehyung believes that keeping that bit of information for himself would be a much wiser decision than earning himself a whack on the head from his rose-haired friend.

now four days after the odd event, he's only just stepped out of the hubbub of the practice, long fingers skimming the protected screen of his phone when a hushed hiss catches his attention.

glancing up, he catches the sight of his fellow veterinarian clad in his own baby blue scrub, stethoscope rung around his neck as a rather puzzled expression settles over his sharp features.

furrowing his eyebrow's in return, taehyung shoots him a quizzical look but all the while slips his phone into his pocket before striding forward to figure out what was intriguing his friend.

"what's wrong?" taehyung queries, fingers delving into the sleeves of his scrub.

bogum wrinkles his nose, reaching up to nudge his glasses in place as he speaks, "there's a guy waiting for you at the back, jumped on me the moment i got back from break and kept on insisting to meet you."

"huh?" the silver-haired male says, feeling increasingly bemused himself, "who?"

his friends scarcely, if at all, visited him at the practice, nor had he received a text or call warning him of their soon presence.

"i dunno." bogum shrugs, "seemed pretty loaded, tux and all. you don't perhaps have a boyfriend do you?"

visibly appalled, the younger of the two grimaces, "what, no!"

laughing, bogum grins, nudging him playfully, "alright then, now hurry up, don't make him wait, he doesn't strike me as a patient person."

nodding, despite being a tad bit reluctant to leave the sanctuary of the heater taehyung bids him goodbye and makes his way outside of the practice, stepping suspiciously into the mildly darkened alleyway beside the shop.

"finally." a voice pipes up as taehyung squints, "thought you died or something, although that it wouldn't be so bad would it?"

taehyung's eyes widen dramatically, lips parting into a soft 'o' as his finger quivers before him, pointing at the tuxedoed criminal he had met a few days ago as gasps, "it's you!"

"me." the younger male deadpans, seemingly indifferent.

"what the hell are you doing here! wait, how'd you even know where i work! are you in some weird gang, damnit i knew you were a creep all along, should've got the police on your sorry ass the very moment-"

"you really don't know who i am?" he intervenes, tone slathered in disbelief as he speculates the elder.

"oh i do!" taehyung scoffs, "you're some leader of some fucked up underground gang in disguise!"