xvii

[ CHAPTER 17 ]
towels

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"PLEASE not the sofa!" jeongguk exclaims, his pleads dismissed by the trio before him, all giggling and yipping as they tumble into his million dollar abode.

"to the sofa!" taehyung laughs, thrusting a finger in the direction of an ebony leather looping from the front of the winding staircase, a great black screen pinned at the walls before it.

with yeontan at his heels, he flings his thin frame against the strangely stiff pillows adorning the couch, reaching down to pull the dog up with him.

misun, however, has different plans, far less interested with the ears of the firm pillow than her friend were, prancing upon the carpeted fluff of a rug beneath a delicate glass coffee table.

"they do wash the dogs at the rescue right?" jeongguk asks, nose crinkling as he walks slowly to the couch, watching his newly adopted pet with curious eyes.

taehyung shrugs, lips quirked in a mischievous grin, "doubt it, they can barely spread the news of its friggin existence."

snorting, he nods, nibbling at his bottom lips as he watches misun now slathering herself on the rug, fur stricken in shards or raised gold, "so i have to wash her?"

"well duh."

"ugh, can't we just take her to a dog-cleaning shop?" he groans.

scoffing, taehyung leaps to his feet, a beam splitting across his face as he slips a finger under yeontan's collar, slinging the dog into his arms, "nope, that's just boring. got a tub?"

─── ·𖥸· ───

"you could've fucking told me to wear something more waterproof and less goddamn expensive."

rolling his eyes, taehyung dismisses the younger's whines, slipping a rubbery finger behind misun's ears, "oh hush, you could but another ten of those hoodies if you wanted."

yes, jeongguk had finally donned on a shirt after his insistent groans of disgust for his state of nudeness, swapping it for a cream champion reverse sweatshirt.

"still." he insists, rubbing the tuft of white at his cheeks.

"no you don't, come back here!" taehyung giggles, reaching forward, shirt riding up in the process as he lifts an indignant misun back into the great white tub.

swallowing thickly, jeongguk diverts his gaze from the slab of honey gold hindered now by a flimsy white oversized shirt that slips dangerously from his clavicle. it was ridiculous really, he had seen completely nude women before so why when he happened to see someone he supposed he could call an acquaintance partially exposed to his eyes that his cheeks light with a bright blush, feeling a great deal more awkward and nervous.

"misun seems to enjoy it." taehyung chirps suddenly.

"huh?" he says, swivelling his gaze down to the grinning dog in his cupped palms, golden coat slathered in soap, "yeah, yeah she does."

"you good?"

his cheeks, darkening even further with the elder's concerned gaze upon him, jeongguk shakes his head, threading his finger's into misun's coat.