Chapter Forty-Five

Chapter Forty-Five 

Alex's POV 

I heard heavy breathing and clattering of metal chains being dropped and some smashing into each other before waking up. My fingers skimmed and felt the surface around me. It was hard, cold, and rough like concrete. Concrete? I thought I was...

Holy crap, where am I?!

When my eyes fluttered open, I realized a black piece of fabric that was used as my blindfold was tied around my head, and nothing could be seen from the other side, except tiny holes of a dim white light.

"I see you're awake, Alexandra," a stale, throaty, masculine voice echoed from the other side of the room. The soft clicks of his fancy, steel-toe shoes made him way towards me, and fear and adrenaline ran through my blood like poison. Sticky, clotting poison.

I couldn't answer because my mouth had a strange puffy cloth that tasted funny.

Suddenly a streak of bright white light blinded my eyes as I then seemed to understand that I was kidnapped by my one and only lover. Harry didn't love me. He even took it back then friendzoned me.

Bill stood there quite proud, his posture straight as a flat line on a heart monitor. His vertically-striped suit was clean and even, void of any wrinkles or flaws, the opposite of his personality and common sense.

"I suggest you don't breathe in. I want you to see this before I kill that fucker in front of your eyes. You betrayed me, Alex, and you're going to have to live with this video of me slaughtering your 'friend' for the rest of your life. You're living with me, of course. Remember that house? Remember that king size bed in my bedroom?"

Tears flowed out freely as the haunting memories came back to my mind. It was enough to make me crack. That was my ultimate weakness. I couldn't change my past, but I could change my future... The real question was how?

Turns out, I was sleeping in a sitting position against a brick wall and grey concrete underneath us. My back was sore, and my legs and arms were numb from being handcuffed for who knew how long.

Then the door burst open, and a deranged man with wild, brown hair emerged from the blanket of darkly dressed, armed guards. Glistening green eyes were in front of my face before I could comprehend the feelings I had been possessing. Before I realized my actions, my lips parted, and I yelled with all of my might, even through my mouth restraints, "I love you so much, Harry Styles!"

The room immediately silenced. I did it. I messed our futures. I did it. Now, I was going to die, and so was Harry. That would be okay, right? We would meet in heaven or hell. We would be there together finally. Nothing could come between me and him. Not any more, especially these pestering human beings.

"You're such an idiot, Alex," Harry hissed as a guard grabbed a fistful of his long curls and yanked it backwards. The green-eyed monster that I loved dearly was pulled away from me, and a pissed Bill was standing in front of me with his fists clenching so tight, his hands were white.

"You love him?" Bill repeated. "Alex. You just fucked up big time. You can't love a dead man."

I choked on the d-word then remembered to not breathe in too much. Too late.

All of the faces blurred in front of me as my head grew heavier by the second. The last thing I saw and wanted to see was Harry's beautiful, angelic face.

:~:~:~:

"Is she unconscious?" a distinct, somewhat familiar voice rang through the dark.

My eyes snapped open. I realized that I was tied to a metal chair and had a putrid towel stuffed in my mouth that made me gag and feel light headed. I tried to pull away and spit it out, but my mouth was taped, so it couldn't fall out. Tears built up in my eyes already poured out of my eyes like a waterfall. I wanted to scream and punch whoever was harming my true love. I had never felt anger or fear like this before.

Wherever I was now, it didn't matter. All I saw was black, but the heavy breathing was louder than ever. It increased speed and volume as something reached out and pulled the tape off of my mouth. The towel fell to my feet, but the taste of toxic chemicals were on my tongue.

"Alex is fine," a hoarse voice cracked. Harry. "Please don't wake up, Alex. Don't-" He couldn't see me. My heart was breaking at his vulnerability.

CRACK! The sound of a whip cut the air, and I felt my throat lumping with bile and feelings that I couldn't speak.

"Don't-" CRACK! "Wake-" CRACK! "Up." Thud. A limp, heavy body fell to the ground.

My eyes closed tightly when I felt a cold hand wrapped around my neck.

"You're next."

My dream from the first weeks of meeting Harry Styles was really happening. It was deja vu right now. I had had this dream multiple times, but it always cut off at this moment. Except this was real. I was going to get punished for speaking out, and I deserved it. I wished that I could deserve to even live without Harry by my side.

Why are you being so negative? What if you both make it out alive? You both could live happily ever after.

I was abruptly pushed out of my chair, scraping my knees on the ground. Arms pulled my body up, the stinging pain from my bloody knees making me tense up. I knew I was being difficult. I wanted to be. I kept fighting against the strength of the men and tried to find Harry through the dark.

"I'm going to get what I want from you, Alex Parks." The same disgusting, pedophile voice dripped.

"What do you want?" I managed to croak. It hurt like thousands of needles that were dipped in some acid were stabbing my throat.

"I want what you refused to give to me last time. It's been exactly five years now, Alex!" the demonic voice laughed, bringing eerie chills up and down my spine. "No one has ever rejected me. I'm going to get it from you, even by force. It's because I love you."

"How could you love me? If you love me, let me go! Can't you see all of the pain I'm going through? All of the pain you're putting into everyone? I don't care about your wealth or whatever status you hold, I just want my freedom and my life back!"

"Alex, stop being so selfish-"

"Selfish?" I cried, sobs wrecking my voice even more. "I... I lived with the harsh memory of being molested by a man that was so, so much older than me! I know that I was stupid to even talk to you in the first place, but c'mon! You can get anyone! Why me? There's nothing special! Just let me go!"

"I can't do that," Bill said with not a trace of sympathy in his voice.

"I'll do anything you want!" I screamed like a maniac. "Please!"

"Anything?"

"Anything!" I begged him. "Just pick one of my three wishes! Please!"

Silence was deafening in this black room where not even shadows could be detected. Where the hell were we? Where was Harry? Was he safer now? Did he survive the whipping? Oh, please, God, save him.

"Okay. Tell me the three."

"One, you free Harry."

"No."

"Really?"

"Yes. Continue."

"Two, you'll grant me freedom."

"No way, Alex!" Bill hollered, grabbing my sore wrists. "You're mine and will stay here forever!"

"Three," I continued to speak, ignoring his ridiculous and possessive remarks. "kill me too if Harry's dead."

"What?"

"I said it." Every word that had left my mouth since yesterday had been dead serious. I meant it firmly. Nothing could change my mind. If I didn't have Harry, who admitted his "love", it would horrible to live with the guilt and pain and every negative feeling. It was numbing me.

"Pick one of the three!" I cried. I was desperate now. I was willing to give him myself if it meant freedom from this life.

"Okay. I'll choose-"

"FREEZE!"