Chapter Turdy-Nine

Chapter Turdy-Nine

Alex's POV 

I've been living the life for a few months now. I had been sneaking around and been numb from the emotional wreck of losing your so-called parents then seeing them again only to have the news broken to you that they weren't. I thought it was all over. It was all lies. That was what I had been living with. I couldn't believe it, any of it.

I promise you, Alex, that your mother and I have been meaning to tell you. We are retired spies; you don't actually think that in our fourties and fifties that we could possibly jump from buildings and fly on a zip-line, etc. I know you've been in pain ever since we left, and we're so so crushed it had to be on your eighteenth birthday. It was an emergency that happened at headquarters. I can't tell you the name or its location or we would be dead. This is serious business. We love you and all, but we are not your parents. Instead, we're your uncle and aunt. Your parents will tell you who they are when they have the chance, but stay away from your father. We realized that you are old enough to handle yourself. As much we love and care for you, Alex, I hope you live a full and happy life. Move on and find your way.

Love,

Dad and Mom (we'll always be your father and mother)

That was the last letter that I've heard or read from them before they made me part them. I couldn't do it, of course, and refused until my parents broke down and cried. They really wanted me to leave. So I did. That was how I ended up here.

Being surrounded by bad guys that all had an arrangement of guns. I didn't think it was necessary. It was only four against fifty.

As the words left Paul's mouth, the man who will never, ever be my father, I felt my heart drop. My whole aura changed in a flick of the switch. It was like the goody-goody image and the happiness built inside of me all of my life was quickly charred away.

"You are not my father! I don't care who you fucked and had me, but you will never be my father!" I screamed. I swore that I would slap him, if only he wasn't so heavily protected.

"I never thought my baby doll would use such vulgar language," Paul laughed heartlessly. "I guess you got that from me."

"No, I have nothing from you, you sperm donor!" I yelled, clenching my fists by my sides.

"You have some balls, kid," one guard said. A couple others around him laughed.

The next thing that happened was both happening as if someone hit the slow motion button as well as the fast forward. Everything was super slow and faster than light. It was over in a blink of an eye with me standing in the middle of the havoc.

The blonde boy screamed, "You will never be my father of me and my sister!"

Of course, I was shocked, but as I stared at the boy, I knew that I looked somewhat like him. I wondered who my mother was.

Suddenly a woman popped out of nowhere. It was the nurse that jumped me at the hospital a month and a half ago. Just seeing her face made my blood boil, but I didn't say anything.

In her hands a shiny gun was aiming towards us. She kept walking past Liam's shaky stance and as I thought she was going to shoot at the boys, the bullet flew a solid inch from my ear and collided with a guard, his chest spliting open. The sound was as loud as the trigger being pulled repeatedly by the armed guys. It was like I was part of an action movie.

My first reaction was to crouch down and cover my head. That wasn't safe as they could easily blow my hands up, but I stayed with delayed movements to everything.

The woman tossed each boy that was dodging the flying bullets that were shot quite far from their original targets a gun similar to hers.

Harry, the hottie, and my brother sprung into action, shooting every guard there. I wouldn't know as I knew looking down at the asphalt and praying that the allies could live and that no one, except the enemies, would get shot and die.

I felt a large hand rest on my head and a click of the weapon. My body froze immediately as if someone poured nitrogen on my body.

"Stand up," the British man commanded. I stood up right away and held my hands up slightly, still scared of him shooting me. I knew what Liam was capable of since he did tackle and drug me just a couple days ago.

A cold metal tip was pressed against my forehead. "I know that-"

BANG. 

Hot blood sprayed on my clothes, and a couple of drops made it on my face. My vision became dark, and I wanted to faint so badly. I couldn't stand this anymore. I screamed a boil curling girly scream, which surprisingly made everyone stop their battle and watch me.

The handsome face of Liam Payne, the star basketball player and one of the most popular guys in all of Pillakey, laid dying in my arms.

I begged him to stay alive, even though he tried to kill me earlier. I couldn't help but cry and kiss his chilling cheeks repeatedly.

"Please, please stay with me, Liam," I sobbed, using my rigid and unsteady fingers to keep his eyes open. "No, no, no don't you dare leave me now! I know you did wrong, but you don't deserve to die. Please stay. Please..."

"I'm so... sorry, Alex," Liam rasped, cletching his hip that was blasted with a bullet. "I... I'm crazy... I deserve this." A smile broke out as his eyes rolled back. I bit my lip and cried heavily and wholeheartedly. Liam was so loveable and sweet; what happened? Did that psychotic man corrupt his nature?

I closed his eye lids and placed him on the ground reluctantly.

I stood up and saw everyone watching my every movement.

"You people should be ashamed of yourself," I cried, pointing to the lifeless figure. "I hope each and every person here, except for Liam and my friends and family, to rot in hell."

"Alex, you still don't understand?" Paul chuckled, pulling out a gun out of his belt. "I am family."

Right at that moment, my eyes widened at that realization. "Wait."

I glanced at both of his feet and saw white peeking out from the hem of the right leg of his denim jeans.

A brief flashback rewinded myself to the time where I first arrived at the strange, new neighborhood with Gretchen, who mysteriously disappeared after that. I remembered hearing a loud bang going off from a gun that either Harry held or the man. I knew Harry wasn't shot because I've seen him in his boxers and without his shirt many times. So that man called Paul was shot...

But then the flashback fast-forwarded to the time I saw Harry shooting the man at the hotel. I recalled seeing something white on his foot at the bloody scene.

It all made sense now.

"You're lying," I grinned evilly, "about everything, aren't you? You're not Paul, are you?"

Paul lowered the cocked gun and returned the sinister, malificent smile. "Smart girl. That's why I like you."

"Who are you?"

The anonymous man chuckled monotonously, his eyes shifting gazes from all four teenagers.

"Your worst nightmare."