Chapter Twenty-Eight

Harry's POV

What the fuck did I just do?!

I pulled away and groaned in embarrassment. I just couldn't resist her anymore. I had to kiss her. Her beautiful face with perfect plump lips were right in front of me. Of course, my hormones had to do that.

Also, she just fucking lectured me on how her kisses would be for someone special, and, of course, I wasn't special to her. If anything, I was still a monster.

"What?" she whispered, wiping her soft and delicious pink lips. "Was... Did I kiss bad?"

No, baby, I wanted to say to her. You kissed like pure heaven, much better than any slut I've ever hooked up with. I still can't believe you had virgin lips before today. Wanna make out again?

"Hell, no," I chuckled. I caressed her warm, flushed cheek and ran my thumb over Alex's bottom lip. The one I kissed. Ugh, shit.

She giggled.

"You know the weirdest thing about that whole making out scene?"

She shook her head.

"You kissed me back."

:~:~:

Alex's POV

I knew he was going to ask about that.

I was confused on that myself.

Did I like him or not?

I didn't answer. I just turned away.

His arms wrapped around my waist, and I immediately felt self-conscience.

I had stomach fat. I never was a model. I never had the perfect body or face. Everything. Anything on me. I saw a flaw.

I pushed him away. I didn't want him to see or feel the real me underneath my clothes. I was afraid... that he would leave once he did.

"What's wrong?" he breathed into my ear. A chill ran down my spine, and I felt... tingly. The weirdest of tingles. I had never felt this before. My stomach did those familiar flips again, and my cheeks warmed to a pink hue.

"I don't want you to touch me like that," I tried to explain.

"What do you mean?" he whispered, his arms snaking around me again. I didn't resist him this time. "I've done it before."

"Not around my waist. I have fat there," I started, but Harry shushed me.

"Everyone has fat, Alex," he said quietly. "Don't think badly of your beautiful self."

I smirked to myself. "How do you do that?"

"Do what?"

"Be a complete asshole one minute then a sweet gentleman the next."

He laughed but didn't reply. His arms tightened around me, and I leaned back against his warm, hard chest.

Harry sighed then giggled. "You cursed again. I must be rubbing off on you."

;~;~;

Michael's POV

"I'm home!" I shouted into my house after hours of being on a plane back to Pillakey.

"Where have you been?" my mother came storming at me. "I have called you so many times! Never have you picked up once!"

I shrugged. "I was in Vegas for a mission." Then I added with a lazy smile, "With Josh."

Her eyes widened in shock, the exact reaction I wanted to get out of her.

"Let's go," she said quietly. She ran swiftly into the kitchen to grab her car keys then dragged me out the door.

"Tell me more, Michael," Mom said once we stopped on the side of a road in the middle of nowhere. She drove in complete silence until we reached an area where she knew we weren't being followed.

"Harry's not guilty," I shrugged, "but he has your daughter. Alex Parks, I think?"

"It's your father's and mine," she corrected, "and your sister."

I rolled my eyes. "She's not my sister. You gave her away the day before I was born. I didn't even know I had a damn sister until a year ago!"

"I had to because-"

"But you kept me! You gave her to your sister to keep her safe, but you both kept me?" I scoffed. "Bullshit, mother. Bullshit."

"Just..." She rubbed her forehead that still had a large, dark bruise on it. "Don't tell your father."

"He's not my damn father!" I yelled. I hated that drunkard that abused the two of us and made us become part of his evil business. He had a sick mind with sick people working for that ass. I would never call that man my father. I doubt I had any of his dirty blood. I looked nothing like him. If my mother had an affair on him with another man and had me, then I applauded her. I wasn't fucking cursed. "Why shouldn't I? Why are we so afraid of him?"

"He's crazy, Michael," she sighed with her lips quivering. "I don't want him hurting you."

Worry struck my heart as I watched my mother break down. She rarely did this. She held her emotions in rock solid and never shed a tear in front of me, even though I've heard her cry herself to sleep whenever he left in the middle of the damn night.

"Mom," I started. "We need to get away. Find a secret place where we can live without fear. I think we should try."

"But... the thing is," she cried, "I'm only here for Alex. I need to get her back. She's in so much danger that she doesn't and won't understand. I need to protect her. Josh isn't enough, and frankly, neither are you."

You're only here for Alex. Well, fuck. What the hell am I? A shitty burden?

"So you're enough for her, but not a fucking army of spies and intelligence workers?" I scoffed, rolling my eyes. The pity I had for the woman left me as quick as it came in. "Look, mother, I know how much you love that girl, but trust me... you can't protect her from your husband. You're too weak in front of him. You never fought back. You're scared."

"I am-"

"You are," I agreed without letting her finish. "Just saying, fear is a scary feeling, yes. No one wants to have fears. Everyone wants a life that's fearless. In order to have a fearless life then face them, stare at them right in the eyes, and knock them down with your blows. You have never once stood up against that man. I have, and I got punished, but who the fuck cares? I did my good deed for speaking and defending the both of us. You... you just sat there and watched."

"I was-"

"Just shut up, Mom!" I growled. "You never once protected me! Now you want to protect a daughter that you've never met?"

"I have-"

"When?" I scorned, running my hand through my now-blue hair. "When did you two mother and daughter meet?"

"Last-"

"You know what? I don't care," I shook my head with a bitter smile. "Good luck saving that son of a bitch and protecting her with that weak body of yours. I don't care."

Then I ran. And ran.

Until tears pricked out of my eyes and rolled down my face.

Mom never cared for me.

The sperm donor only wanted that Alex as well. For his own sick work.

;~;~;

a/n second update! chap. twenty-nine should be up in a couple hours. :) x

- A n n i e x x

Copyrights © 2014