"Why would you believe anything that man says, you know how his family works. They use lies and manipulation to their bidding."

"I know how his family works but I can promise that this time it's different. He showed me a side to him that no one has ever seen. He's been vulnerable with me and shared things with me that I never expected him too. I want to believe him. I choose to believe in us and work things out. Dominic has been so open and willing to change our arrangement so I'm not some locked up housewife. I'm going out more, I'm involved with his community. I'm becoming apart of his world, not his possession."

"So you expect me to be okay with this?! To forget how he treated us when he came and scooped you away from us without so much as a phone call! You expect me to call the man who ruined the best moments of your life, my son in law? I'm supposed to forgive how he sent you into a mental breakdown your first hours with him!? Tereso, a mother can never forgive anyone who hearts their babies."

"Mama...I had to forgive and leave the past in the past. I tried my hardest to do what I thought I wanted. I wanted to go back home with no ties to Dominic. Yet the battle in my mind was worse than any punishment that Dominic could give me. I was physically and emotionally drained. I became tired every day. Being angry was literally killing my spirit. I just want to be happy and learn to live with what God hands me, and God handed me, Dominic. I'm choosing to explore the possibility that I can be happy in his world as his wife. I know it's hard for you to forgive someone who has made their daughter cry but I just want you to support me. That's all I want from you. I don't need you to understand or accept Dominic as a son-in-law right now. I want you to be by my side."

Mama looked at me for a long time. Her face expression was hard to read but I knew she was processing what I've revealed to her. If we weren't facing face to face right now, she probably would think Dominic was forcing me to say all these things. The old me would probably need to be held at gunpoint before I would EVER admit that I wanted Dominic. The new me is ready to accept the consequences and surprises for a chance at love and happiness. 

Nonna sipped her tea happily. Her eyes twinkled in the light as she listened to every word I said. Nonna has always been romantic. The story of how she met my Nonno would bring the strongest of men to tears. If anyone can understand sacrificing and putting yourself at risk for a chance at love it would be Nonna.

"Mama, please knock some type of sense into your granddaughter!" Mama huffed annoyed.

"L'amore è raro L'amore non è come un tempo. Non è mai stato facile. Non gioca mai come ti immagini nella tua testa. L'amore è pazzo, selvaggio e inaspettato. Colui che è il tuo opposto totale è l'uomo dei tuoi sogni. Solo tu conosci i tuoi limiti e ciò che sei disposto a fare per vivere quell'amore una volta nella vita. We would be selfish to deny her a chance to feel that unique love that comsumes your entire existence. I felt that electricity with Nonno, You felt it with your husband. Let your little one experience without the guilt."

(Love is rare Love is not like it used to be. It has never been easy. Never play as you imagine yourself in your head. Love is crazy, wild and unexpected. The one who is your total opposite is the man of your dreams. Only you know your limits and what you are willing to do to live that love once in your life.)

"Cazzo...Promise me you'll get out if you feel a MOMENT of uncertainty. You don't need to be trapped for the rest of your life." Mama sighed defeated.

"I promise Mama. This time it will be different."

This is the only second chance Mama will give Dominic and I. I want my mama to see Dominic as part of the famiglia so from here on out, we have to make sure we are working our hardest to keep each other happy. 

----------

The rest of the house woke up soon after Mama's heart to heart moment. It was barely 11 am before Liliana came outside to summon us to breakfast upstairs with the rest of famiglia. Dominic was awake as well and telling from the scowl on Liliana's face, he isn't in the best mood.

We reunited with my brother, friends, and Nonno in the dining room. Everyone was sitting patiently waiting for breakfast to be served. Dominic wasn't downstairs yet and something told me he is going to make an elaborate grand entrance.

"Thank God you guys are back! We are starving!" Juliana grumbled under her breath.

"Sorry, I wanted to show Mama and Nonna more of the garden. Has Dominic been down at all?" I sat in the seat beside the head throne chair. 

"No, but I did hear screaming this morning. What did you do?" Babina wondered.

"Nothing but if you heard screaming then it was probably my fault. Dominic's a big bad boss who ironically can't handle waking up alone."

"You're brave saying such a thing with your big bad boss standing right behind you."

All the color from my face evaporated. The blood in my veins ran cold in fear and the bottom of my stomach felt like it was swarmed with violent wasps. The shocking smirk on Juliana and Babina's face was enough to tell me how much shit I just got myself into. I turned my head slowly and saw Dominic standing right behind my chair with the nastiest of scowls on his beautiful face. His knuckles turned white as his large hands grip the gold metal trim on the top of my chair. His jaw ticked violently as he tried to put on a smile for the rest of the group.

Oh Lord, Dominic is going to kill me!