Here We Go...

StartonStudios, thank you for reminding me how long it's been since I updated this, cuz I honestly didn't even realize xD

:Edit: Yeah, I fixed it so it's more than just a draft now 🤣 comment and tell me what you think!

Laurens POV:

I stood in front of my mirror, examining my outfit. Frowning, I pulled at the tie. Then at the sleeves. And the collar. It seemed too scruffy to wear to a wedding. Especially my best friend's wedding into the Schuyler family. But it was the only suit I had. I sighed, wondering for the millionth time:

"How am I going to make it through tonight?" As soon as the words left my mouth, someone knocked loudly on my door. Without waiting for an answer, the door swung open to reveal Lafayette and Herc.

"Ready?" Laf asked.

"Yeah," I replied. "Love your guys' outfits. Fashionable as always, Herc."

"Thanks man," he said, grabbing my arm. "But we gotta go. Like now. We're gonna be late, and Alex will murder us!"

"Well, maybe not you, Laurens," Laf added, winking. Ouch.

"Shut up, Lafayette." I said. No need to make me feel any worse.

"Okay, okay, on se calme! But yeah, let's go." Taking one last glance in the mirror, I grabbed my wedding gift---a pearl necklace for Eliza and a bottle of wine for Alex---and the single rose I was to present the maid of honor, and rushed out the door with my friends. When Alex had requested I bring a rose for her, I had been confused, seeing as it wasn't normal wedding tradition. But after he continued asking, over and over, I had agreed. Now that I thought of it, I didn't even know who the maid of honor was! As we climbed into the carriage that was to take us to the wedding, I decided to find out if my friends knew.

"Hey, do you know who the maid of honor is? Because Alexander kept asking me to bring a rose for her, and I don't know why."

"He didn't tell you?" Lafayette seemed surprised that I didn't know.

"No, he didn't."

"Seriously?" Herc sounded skeptical, like I was pulling some kind of joke.

"Well, maybe he did, but if he did, I forgot."

"Oh. Well, it's Angelica."

"Um...Angelica, as in Eliza's older sister?? The beautif---I mean intense one with black hair?"

"John, seriously, don't act like you don't remember her! It's only been, like, a month since you were almost courting her! Yes, that Angelica!" Laf rolled his eyes at me and Hercules laughed.

Wonderful. Absolutely perfect! Not only do I have to deal with losing Alex tonight, but I have to walk down the aisle with Angelica. Who, last I heard, is super mad at me for never showing up! Jeez, all I did was miss one date! But ever since then, she just seems to hate me. I get that what I did was rude, but how was I supposed to help it? I was sick, for goodness sake! I guess high expectations came with the fact that she was a Schuyler sister? Or maybe it reminded her of another failed romance, and that's why she got all touchy. Women. Not that they weren't wonderful and equal to us, but my god, they were confusing.

------Lafayette POV (oooh)------

"John? Joooooohhhhhhnnn? JOHN LAURENS!" I snapped right in between John's eyes. He looked at me with his what-do-you-want-from-me expression. I got that face a lot. "So, you done mooning over Angelica? Cuz we're here." (A/N: yeah frick logic, this carriage be hecka fast) John suddenly looked panicked.

------John POV-----

"Oh god. Guys, guys I can't do this. Oh no---Guys!" I clutched my stomach as a wave of nausea swept over me. I had faked being sick to get out of things before, but this was no act. Even though I had done everything I could possibly think of to prepare myself, I still felt horribly sick. I had even hidden a note in the cork of Alex's wine bottle. That note held all the words I wanted to say to him, but couldn't muster the courage to. But that didn't stop me from feeling like I was about to hurl.

"C'mon, Laurens, we gotta hustle!" Laf poked my back, and I stumbled out of the carriage. "Let's go, let's go, let's go!" There were lots of other carriages parked near us. We walked into the church, swept along by the huge flow of guests. I saw Peggy's head poke out from behind a doorway, then she spotted us and ran over.

"Oh my god, guys, I thought you weren't gonna show up!" She said, leading us over to the room where everyone was getting ready.

"Sorry Pegs, John here was taking his time, saying he was feeling sick." Peggy glared at me for a second, and I rubbed the back of my neck uncomfortably.

"Well, you're here now, and that's what matters," she finally said, though she still looked a little irritated. Herc, your flowers are over there on that table, Laf, you're with me, and Laurens, go find Angie and get ready to go, go, go!"

"I-" Peggy glared again. "Okay!" I set off in search of Angelica, half hoping I wouldn't find her.

"No, John, don't hope for something that could ruin this," I scolded myself, thinking I was alone. I turned a corner and ran smack into someone. We both fell down, and I jumped up and offered them a hand up. I thought it was some random family friend of the Schuylers or something, but then---

"Hello, John." Angelica said quietly.