Chapter 13

<<<•••>>>
As you and the team settle in, Bruce and Rocket go on their way to see Thor.

Bruce sits at the back of a Utility car as they travel the green countryside of Norway. They pass a sign labelled "NEW ASGARD". They come to a stop at a small town on a port.

Bruce and Rocket get out of the car, and look around at the remaining Asgardians, living like normal humans at a port.

"Kind of a step down from a from a golden palace for an Avenger highness and whatnot," Rocket says as he and Bruce hop out of the beat up truck.

"Have a little compassion, pal. First they've lost Asgard, then half the people. They're probably just happy to have a home," Bruce then spots Valkyrie looking over at him, and heads over to her.

"You shouldn't have come!" She shouts as he yellow jacket blows in the wind.

"Aaaaahhh Valkyrie! Great to see you, Angry Girl!" Bruce says with his large green arms out for a hug.

"I think I liked you better either of the other ways," Valkyrie says as she looks at Bruce's new form.

"This is Rocket," Bruce points to his much shorter friend.

"How you doin'?" Rocket says as he waves lightly.

"He won't see you," Valkyrie says as she eyes Rocket lightly.

"That bad, huh?" Bruce asks, his concern already rising.

"We only see him once a month, when he comes for... ," she pauses as she looks over to a pile of kegs of stout and other beer on the side.

"... supplies..." she finishes.

"It's that bad?" Rocket questions, wincing.

"Yeah," Bruce nods as they begin walking towards Thors little house/ shack.

Rocket opens the front door, and him and Bruce walking through it, apprehensively.

"What the..." Bruce cringes at the horrid stench.

"Woo! Something died in here. Hello? Thor?" Rocket shouted as he waved the air in front of his snout.

"Are you here about the cable?" Thors usual house calls from another room.

Bruce and Rocket walk into the living room, they're minds boggled. Thor, who is shirtless, was grabbing a beer with his back turned to the two guys.

As he slowly turned around, that's what their jaw hit the ground. Thor... had... a beer belly...

"The Cinemax ran out about two weeks ago, and the sports were all kind of fuzzy.." Thor says as he just notices Bruce and Rocket standing there.

"Boys! Oh my God! How have you been?" Thor asks as he puts his fat arms around Bruce's large figure. Then he turns to Rocket.

"Come here, you little rascal!" Thor says as he tried to hug the Raccoon.

"No, I'm good. I'm good. That's not necessary," Rocket says as he pushes his way out of Thors grip.

"Hulk, you know my friends, Miek, Korg, right?" Thor questions as he waves his beer bottle around.

Miek and Korg sit on a couch, PlayStation controller in hand, playing Fortnite and eating chips. Bruce and Rocket exchange confused looks.

"Hey, long time no see," Bruce says, apprehensively.

"Hey guys. Beer's on the bucket. Feel free to log on to the Wi-Fi. No password, obviously," Korg says as he gets distracted by his game.

"Thor, he's back. The kid on the TV that called me a dickhead again," Korg says as he points at the TV.

"Noobmaster?" Thor questions, trying to sound threatening.

"Yeah, Noobmaster69," Korg says as Thor walks over to him. He takes Korgs headphones and speaks into the mic.

"Noobmaster? Yeah, it's Thor again. You know, the God of Thunder? Listen, buddy. If you don't log off this game immediately, I'm gonna fly over to your house, come down to that basement you're hiding in, rip off your arms then shove them up your butt! Oh, that's right. Yes, now go cry to your father, you little weasel!" Thor shouts as he hands Korg his headphones back.

"Thank you, Thor," Korg says politely as he puts them back on.

"Let me know if he bothers you again, okay?" "Thank you very much. I will," Korg replies to Thor.

"So you guys want a drink? What are you drinking? We have beer, tequila, all sorts of things," Thor lists off the serval alcoholic beverages he has.

Thor then uses Stormbreaker to open a bottle of beer and starts drinking. Bruce walks to him and places a hand on his shoulder.

"Buddy, you all right?" Bruce asks, concernment covering his face.

"Yes, I'm fine! Why, don't I look all right?" Thor asks as he pints of himself.

"You look like melted ice cream," Rocket says bluntly. Thor laughs rocket joke off and continues.

"So, what's up?" Thor asks as he walks back and forth, pacing almost.

"We need your help. There might be a chance we could fix everything," Bruce says, trying to make Thor pay attention.

"What, like the cable? [burp] Cause that's been driving me bananas for weeks.." Thor mutters as he looks at the sad, broken wires.

"Like Thanos..." Bruce spoke. Everyone got silent.

Thor's smile slowly disappears. He puts a shaky hand on Bruce's shoulder and points at him.

"Don't you say that name," Thors voice slowly quietened as he shook his finger at Bruce.

Korg stands up and takes off his headphones, walking over to Bruce and Thor.

"Um, yeah. We don't actually say that name in here.." Korg says as he glances at Thor.

"Please take your hand off me," Bruce whispers as he brushes away Thor's hand.

"Now, I know that... guy might scare you.." Bruce started.

"Why would I be? Why would, why would I be scared of that guy? I'm the one who was supposed to killed that guy, remember? Then Y/n haddd to steal my thunder," Thor slurs angrily as his brows knitted.

"Don't bring her into this, okay? She's been through a lot too, raising two kids on her own with no husband to help," Bruce says to Thor, protecting you.

"But still," Thor mutters as he stumbles a bit.

"I get it. You're in a rough spot, okay? I've been there myself. You wanna know who helped me out of it?" Bruce said, his voice being serious.

"I don't know. Is it... Natasha?" Thor wiggles his brows.

"It was you. You helped me," Bruce points to Thor.

"Why don't you ask the, Asgardians down there, how much my help was worth," Thor says as he drops onto the sofa.

"The ones that are left, anyway.." Thor adds, sadness and depression dripping from the words.

"I think we can bring them back," Bruce says seriously.

"Stop. Just, stop... [opens a packet of m&ms] I know you think I'm down here wallowing in my own self-pity, waiting to be rescued and and saved. But I'm fine, okay? We're fine, aren't we?" Thor questions as he turns to Korg and Miek.

"Nah, all good here, mate!" Korg agrees with Thor.

"So, whatever it is that you're offering, we're not into it, don't care, couldn't care less. Goodbye," Thor say as he takes another sip of beer.

"We need you, pal," Bruce says, almost begging. Thor shakes his head and ignores Bruce.

"There's beer on the ship," Rocket says as Thor glances up for a split second.

"...What kind...?"
<<<•••>>>
1216 word count. Until the next chapter my hero's😘😘 -Kay😜