"Have a look, Miss Emily." The lady named, Harlow's voice made me face her.

I looked at myself in the mirror. Whoa! You look pretty, Van. I thought. Turning my gaze back to the lady, I smiled at her and said "Thank you! That's a really pretty color. I love it."

"I am glad that you love it, Miss Emily." She smiled.

"Emily is fine," I said irritatingly. Don't judge me. She has been saying it twice and adding miss before my name makes me look old.

"Okay." She plainly said.

I stood up from the chair, glancing at myself in the mirror for the final look. Smiling at my reflection, I moved towards the counter. After the payment, I exited the salon.

Identity change check. Hair cut check.

Now it's time to find a job. You can do this Van!

GEORGE POV.🌸

"Good morning honey," I said while kissing my wife's, Alice's forehead.

"Good morning sweetheart." She replied in her sleepy voice.

"I'm going to wake Van up. You go get fresh." I kissed her on her forehead again. It's my routine, coming home after spending an hour in jogging, waking my wife and daughter, Vanessa before kissing their forehead.

She nodded and climbed out of the bed while I exited our bedroom. I made my way towards Van's room. I opened the door only to find it empty. Van never wakes up before us. I find it quite strange not finding Vanessa in her room. I checked her bathroom, still no sign of her. I grew anxious. I exited her bedroom, making my way down the stairs, I ordered the servants to find her. Hopelessly, I entered the living room with my head down and walking towards the couch.

"Sir, we can't find Miss Vanessa. We have checked the whole mansion. She is nowhere to be found." Daniel, one of my servants, voice made me looks at him.

"Are you sure? You also checked the backyard?" I anxiously asked.

"Yes sir. We checked everywhere." He assured me.

"Okay. You may go now." I slowly said.

"Okay, sir."

Where are you, Van? I...

"Sir," Daniel's voice pulled me from my thoughts.

Still, with my head down I asked irritatingly. "What is Daniel?"

"Sir, there is a letter in the drawer." He pointed towards the letter.

I raised my head, directing my gaze to the drawer.

"Give it to me," I said.

"Sure sir."

Daniel grabbed the letter and handed towards me.

"You may go now. And go call Alice." I instructed him.

"Okay, sir."

After Daniel left, I opened the letter and started reading it. That page spilt out of my hand and fall on to the floor, while tears rolled down my cheeks.

Oh God! Vanessa. Why did you do that? Only because we were asking you to marry someone. It's not as if we were forcing you. Where...

"George! Why are you crying? Is everything okay?" Alice's voice distracted me from my thoughts. She made her way towards me and sat beside me, caressing my shoulder.

Without answering her, I handed her the paper which was lying on the floor.

I placed my head in my hands and cried my eyes out.